Parents to Sue Maker of Metal Baseball Bats Over Son's Injury
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Parents to Sue Maker of Metal Baseball Bats Over Son's Injury

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Parents to Sue Maker of Metal Baseball Bats Over Son's Injury

Parents to Sue Maker of Metal Baseball Bats Over Son's Injury

Saturday , May 17, 2008

AP
ADVERTISEMENT

WAYNE, N.J. —
A New Jersey couple, whose son was struck in the chest with a line drive, is planning to sue the maker of a metal baseball bat used in the game.

Two years ago, Steven Domalewski was pitching when the ball slammed into his chest and stopped his heart. He was resuscitated but now has brain damage and is severely disabled.

The family contends metal baseball bats are inherently unsafe for youth games because the ball comes off them much faster than from wooden bats. The lawsuit will also be filed against Little League Baseball and a sporting goods chain that sold the bat.

An attorney says Domalewski will need millions of dollars worth of medical care for the rest of his life.

The bat maker says while it sympathizes with Steven and his family, the bat is not to blame for the injury.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356505,00.html

Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, and politicians. All three need supervision. —DICK ARMEY

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The trend of the sue happy nation continues. There are no "accidents" anymore, someone is always responsible, and that someone is somehow responsible for you living out the rest of your days in the best possible of conditions.

While I am sorry for the kid and his parents, I do not agree that the bat maker is responsible any more than I agree that the manufacturer of the Bushmaster rifle used by those two crack pots shooters ( I refuse to term then as the media did with the Sierra designation ) in D.C. was responsible.

The beginning of the end in this battle was begun when that idiot owner from Bulleye's Shooting Supply, in Tacoma Washington where the AR in question was sold "out the back door" agreed to settle the victims lawsuit for the balance of his insurance policy, a ridiculous sum of $10 Million.

JD

Old 05-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Amazing that people are so foolish. I hope they don't settle out of court.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Don't the parents have to sign a waiver or something? Obviously they would know of the inherent risks of playing a sport. There is not ONE single "sport" existing that has no risk of injury. Hell, you can't play air hockey without risking a broken finger! This is just some lame ass's attempt at getting rich without having to do anything. Sure it sucks for the kid, and I truly do feel bad for the child and the parents but the parents SHOULD have known that this was a possible outcome, even if it is a rare one.

Old 05-18-2008, 01:51 PM   #5

This is akin to suing GM for making cars that are too fast, because the driver of the Buick that hit you was speeding.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 05-18-2008, 05:14 PM   #6

Default waivers?

I feel sorry for the child but the parents should not win. As for signing wavers they don't always stand up in court. Drag race strips have lost.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:05 PM   #7

This is just a waste of the courts time to many gosh dang sue happy people in this country

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Two years ago, Steven Domalewski was pitching when the ball slammed into his chest and stopped his heart. He was resuscitated but now has brain damage and is severely disabled.
Let's see, they could have sued the vitamin maker of the person who was up to bat, they could have sued the person that resuscitated him, they could have sued the maker of the baseball, it's just endless. How about suing the trial lawyers that make this possible?

Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8860 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Lawsuits seem to follow the principle of the shotgun- put enuff pellets in the air, you will hit something. As an old firend says "Oh Lord- they cut down the trees, and left the monkeys!" Now if y'all will excuse me, have to go work on my lawsuit against Sarah Lee for making me fat- It's all her fault, y'know.....

Old 05-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #10

Typical a hole parents that blame everyone else for their problems. They don't want to think about the fact that if they didn't let the kid play the accident wouldn't have happened in the first place. That blame everyone else attitude pisses me off!