Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Parenting.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/parenting-69004/)

Zombiegirl 07-26-2012 04:06 PM

Parenting....

1 Attachment(s)
Saw this picture on Facebook and people were arguing for and against this type of punishment. What do you think?

Attachment 52431

gearhead396 07-26-2012 04:10 PM

I think parents have the right to punish there kids in their own way it's not people place to say what you are making your child do is wrong or that's not right man if you ask me she got off lucky if I lied to my dad and he found out I got my ass beat so hard I couldn't sit down right for the next day

levelcross 07-26-2012 04:17 PM

I have threatened to embarrass my daughter as a punishment, thankfully they were empty threats as she was a good girl. Now I do remember standing up to eat dinner several times growing up, I do not feel I have been abused at all. Actually I was lucky I never got caught for some of the things I did.

A parent that disciplines a child to teach them right from wrong with out anger usually does a good job.

KeysKelly 07-26-2012 04:22 PM

I saw that on Facebook and gave it a "Like" right away.

I saw another one on there where a kid was standing on the corner with a similar sigh saying:

"I stole my neighbor's bicycle because I want to be a looser and spend most of my life in jail but my Mom thinks I'm worth saving and might turn out to be a better person than that"

I "Liked" that one too.

Dillinger 07-26-2012 04:26 PM

Yeah. I don't see anything wrong with that. :confused:

There is no harm or cruelty to the child, s/he is merely confessing his/her lie to those that wish to read the sign. Hardly capital punishment by any stretch and the father is right there, so s/he isn't in any danger.

I say good on the father for being that involved in his kid's life and going's on. Too many kids in households where they have only one parent, or one parent who isn't aware what the kid is up too because they have to work 2 or 3 jobs.

This child is learning a lesson and the father is there to make sure s/he doesn't short the lesson time or be put in harm's way because of it.

Good parenting is my vote.

JD

Zombiegirl 07-26-2012 04:34 PM

I thought it was great but a lot of people said it was "cruel". I hate dishonesty so I got a kick out of this.

rjd3282 07-26-2012 04:51 PM

I think that little girl ought to be thankful that she has a father that cares that much about her.

danf_fl 07-26-2012 04:54 PM

To me, the only "permanent marks" left would be the lesson has been learned.

The child may not like (or understand) this punishment now, but the effects will last.

trip286 07-26-2012 05:02 PM

Nothing wrong with a little shame and humility to teach a lesson.

Now degradation is another matter. If she were standing out there naked while holding that sign, that's a whole nother ball game. Or even just wearing a funny hat might be pushing it a little.

I'm a fan of public apologies. I make my son apologize to people in public, loud enough for everyone to hear. It has a huge impact on him, so much so that I haven't had to do that in about a year.

jjfuller1 07-26-2012 05:05 PM

i saw it and liked it too. nothing wrong here folks move along please. hehe