Pararescue - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Pararescue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1415 Times on 837 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Hey now we don't lie! We participate in a campaign of misinformation I can say I never lied to the 92 kids I put in the Corps and with the numbers being filled up for the entire year maybe he isn't lying but as Yunus said, make sure you get it in writing. Recruiters have it good now. With the economy in the tank and a downsizing of the force people are on a year long waiting list for the AF.
You're right not all recruiters lie and I shouldn't lump them all together like that, mine was pretty good. Actually he did lie about something but it was also possibly an honest mistake on his part. The information Ploofy is being told should be highly questioned in my opinion.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #32

Liked 478 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Keep two things in mind. 1) A recruiter will tell you anything to get your autograph on the bottom line. I didn't say lie, but they will stretch the truth. And, 2) If you fail PJ training, you'll still be in the AF for four years. Not trying to discourage you, just keep your eyes open.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #33

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
You mean if you fail out of Pararescue training they would place you into another career field that is Special operations? They are lying to you. Ploofy, I was in the Air Force, I personally knew multiple people who did not pass Pararescue training, one guy even failed because of a broken bone. They don't care they reclasses him into AGE(Aerospace Ground Equipment) and others I know were reclasses into Security Forces.
Recruiters have numbers they need to meet, they will lie! They are used car salesmen, if it is not written down on paper it's not true and you will have to sign a paper that says that in order to join the military. My uncle gave me some really good advice and he was an E-9 in National Guard and served for over 30 years, he said, "You know how you can tell a recruiter is lying, his lips are moving".

If you want a guaranteed job that is more likely to actually be guaranteed consider the Air National guard, I have seen contracts for them that guarantee specific jobs and if the person fails they are let go from the contract all together, I have no idea if they would do that for Pararescue but it's worth looking into. Also active duty and guard recruiters are competing against each other for you, don't believe anything negative one tells you about the other. I've been active and now I'm in the Air Guard, if you have questions ask me.
I can honestly say that my recruiter never lied. There were, however, some key facts that I would have liked to known ahead of time.
As for reclassification into another career field, don't forget that AFSOC has AGE Mechanics, cops and all the other jobs with fewer cool points. So technically if you get stationed at the right base (say Hurlburt Field) you can be a cook or a paper pusher in special operations. Not really the same thing, I admit. But technically...
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #34

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

It's all in the wording gentlemen. If you don't ask the question we didn't relay the info voluntarily after all when I was a recruiter my crystal ball was being worked on all the time As stated just make sure it is in writing, if they tell you something and you don't see it on paper, it's probably not going to happen. Of course the Marines promise you to be a Marine, the job is secondary so it's a different approach.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Newest Threads