Paracord projects - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Paracord projects

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

watch-001.jpg

Here is a watch band I made and have been using this year.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:38 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Any ideas on how add sum paracord clip loops to an old usmc duty belt? Marlin 22 mag clips to b exact
I have no idea unless maybe you could show me some pics. Then perhaps I could help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt_tater View Post
I've been wanting to make some of these. I've figured out how to make the cobra weave, but I want something a little wider. I was just wondering how wide the "wide soloman" was. Thanks in advanced.
The wide soloman is about 2 inches wide about. Rough estimate there.

Quote:
Also, how did you make the key ring?
The key ring I just googled how to make a paracord lanyard. I'll see if I can find the link. I really do like that lanyard, it's the most useful thing I've made by far.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.

Old 09-26-2011, 04:39 AM   #13

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle
The wide soloman is about 2 inches wide about. Rough estimate there.
Thats the size I roughly need. Can you give me a good link for it and ill figure it out from there. Once I get them done ill try and post pics

Old 09-26-2011, 04:57 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I am wondering how easy it would be to unravel the weave so that you could use the paracord in an emergency? At the Maker Fair there were some projects with paracord that were intended to make it so you could have a long length of paracord in a compact package that was easy and quick to deploy. I thought that was a great idea. Of course I failed to get instructions though

Your projects look very nice though. Even if they can't be unraveled easily I might still make a few just for fun.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Thats the size I roughly need. Can you give me a good link for it and ill figure it out from there. Once I get them done ill try and post pics
The link to the wide solomon bar link is posted on the first page of the thread. That is the weave that is roughly 2in wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am wondering how easy it would be to unravel the weave so that you could use the paracord in an emergency? At the Maker Fair there were some projects with paracord that were intended to make it so you could have a long length of paracord in a compact package that was easy and quick to deploy. I thought that was a great idea. Of course I failed to get instructions though

Your projects look very nice though. Even if they can't be unraveled easily I might still make a few just for fun.
In case of an emergency they could be unraveled....pretty painfully slow. I don't get me wrong. You can take them apart relatively fast. However if my friend was floating down the river, I wouldn't recommend trying to take apart my sling to throw them a rope to save them. I'm sure there are some weaves that are quick to break down, I'll have to do some research on that for future projects. These weaves are more for the "Oh man, I'm at camp and forgot to bring such and such" or you're caught without a tent and you need some string to hold up some cover while a storm blows by and the like. There you have some time to get things done. Life and death situation= find another weave.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Those are cool. They look great.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Looks good. I've made a few bracelets and lanyards using the cobra and king cobra knots, but I need to try the solomon!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #18

I have a question. Ok I understand hot to make the bracelet and I understand the braid for the sling.... My question is did you do the sling like the bracelet? The whole length of the sling then braid it back?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I have a question. Ok I understand hot to make the bracelet and I understand the braid for the sling.... My question is did you do the sling like the bracelet? The whole length of the sling then braid it back?
What I did was begin the sling with the Solomon weave, once I reached the length that I wanted/guessed. After that length was finished I tied off two of the lost stings that were on one side of the Solomon and finished the rest of the sling with the bracelet weave. Maybe I'll make a video of how I did it so people can watch, if I get enough interest I will make one.

Quote:

Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle

What I did was begin the sling with the Solomon weave, once I reached the length that I wanted/guessed. After that length was finished I tied off two of the lost stings that were on one side of the Solomon and finished the rest of the sling with the bracelet weave. Maybe I'll make a video of how I did it so people can watch, if I get enough interest I will make one.
That sounds like it would work. I would appreciate the video, especially the transition between the two different weaves.