Papa John's Pizza is A-OK with me! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Papa John's Pizza is A-OK with me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Will Google the closest to me.

Good lookin out, J.D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
If I read the OP right it is only three counties near JD that are participating in the donations. Still good pizza and supporting the company.
Yeah, that is correct. It's only the three counties that are around the site of the shooting. King, Pierce and Snohomish Counties I believe. All local, not nationwide.....

Old 12-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Local support here has been insane Robo. I am going to post a thread about the funeral procession and how huge it was. The community has been unbelievably supportive.

The mouthpiece for the Lakewood officer's had to go on the radio and ask people to STOp bringing food and pies and cakes and other treats to all their officers becasue there was TOO MUCH food and they were having to donate it all to the local food banks.

The Detective is a really good guy, Det Troyer, and he calls the morning radio program I listen to a lot. He said all his officers were having to open up their belts one notch because of all the home cooking and comfort food that had been pouring in.

There was something like 20,000 ( TWENTY THOUSAND ) cars in the funeral procession from McChord Air Force Base to the Tacoma Dome.

It was amazing. Police officers flew in from all over the country. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police sent 1,000 uniformed officers and they did the "Human Red Carpet" which is a very traditional and amazing thing to behold.

It was truly epic if you could get by the loss of four such truly great people...and the fact that my darn allergies were acting up so bad while I was watching and reading all about it.

JD
My nephew-in-law flew into McChord when that was going on. He said that they estimated the cars at over 25,000.

They really went all out, and I think that is so cool, specially what they are doing for the families.

They've even got donations coming from down here in Oregon.
Slo

Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

They don't deliver this far?

Nah, I wanna order, and tell them why. It's easy to complain, but companies seldom get an attaboy when they do right.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #14

This just kicks A$$, thanks PAPA, I saw this on face book but i did not know if it was true. Makes me feel all worm and fuzzy, LOL.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #15

Me too. I've never seen a corporation respond so quickly and honestly!