Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Papa John's Pizza is A-OK with me!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Papa John's Pizza is A-OK with me!

Recently, with the tragedy that was the 4 Lakewood Police Officer shootings, a lot of community support has been going on and people have been wanting to help.

Well, 3 counties of Papa John's Pizza stepped up and stepped up huge.

For 2 days, 100% of their profits, for anything sold in any store in three counties, Pap John's would be donated to the policeman's families.

Yesterday was the first day of the plan. We, at the Dillinger house, ordered pizza and made pigs of ourselves for a good cause, at 1600hrs.

By 1830, no pizza had shown up, but I was expecting a long wait. I called into the store and was met by a greeting that thanked me for wanting to take part in the charity drive, but that they were no longer taking orders because of the overwhelming response.

I waited a moment and a bright and cheery individual picked up the line and wanted to know if he could help.

I explained that I had ordered a while ago, on line, and was just inquiring about my order. He took my information and told me, "you are in the queue, which means it's probably in the oven, or about to be in the oven, or on the prep table." I laughed and asked him how it was going.

"This is the busiest I have ever seen it. It's crazy"

about 45 minutes later, my pizza and wings showed up, fresh, tasty and what you would expect from delivery pizza.

This morning, a representative from Papa John's called into the moring radio show and reported that about 80% of the stores were reporting shattered sales numbers and that participation had been incrediable.

They once again pledged that all proceeds would be donated, with today's sales included, and they expected the donation number to be in the 6 figures, possibly higher.

Kudo's to Papa John's for stepping up and helping support the families of this tragedy!

JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hell yeah. It's nice to hear some good news! Especially this time of the year!

Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

They'll get new business from us because of this.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

What an honestly humanitarian move by those store owners. Too bad the corporate office doesn't recognize they could do this Nation Wide and support these families for life!

If they did, I wouldn't buy take-out pizza anywhere else!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:14 PM   #5

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

I give them a +1 as well for this. Wonder if they let their drivers carry tho?

Old 12-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2608 Times on 1372 Posts
Likes Given: 203

WOW. That is incredible, not just that Papa John's is doing this but that the communities are embracing it also. If no one ordered Pizza, it would be a moot point.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
WOW. That is incredible, not just that Papa John's is doing this but that the communities are embracing it also. If no one ordered Pizza, it would be a moot point.
Local support here has been insane Robo. I am going to post a thread about the funeral procession and how huge it was. The community has been unbelievably supportive.

The mouthpiece for the Lakewood officer's had to go on the radio and ask people to STOp bringing food and pies and cakes and other treats to all their officers becasue there was TOO MUCH food and they were having to donate it all to the local food banks.

The Detective is a really good guy, Det Troyer, and he calls the morning radio program I listen to a lot. He said all his officers were having to open up their belts one notch because of all the home cooking and comfort food that had been pouring in.

There was something like 20,000 ( TWENTY THOUSAND ) cars in the funeral procession from McChord Air Force Base to the Tacoma Dome.

It was amazing. Police officers flew in from all over the country. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police sent 1,000 uniformed officers and they did the "Human Red Carpet" which is a very traditional and amazing thing to behold.

It was truly epic if you could get by the loss of four such truly great people...and the fact that my darn allergies were acting up so bad while I was watching and reading all about it.

JD

Old 12-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Very Cool.

I'll try to forgive thier annoying "Papas in the house" ads.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Will Google the closest to me.

Good lookin out, J.D.

Old 12-09-2009, 04:39 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Will Google the closest to me.

Good lookin out, J.D.
If I read the OP right it is only three counties near JD that are participating in the donations. Still good pizza and supporting the company.