Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pants down rant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's ignorant and offensive and it's just one more indication of a morally bankrupt society.

I'm grateful that I don't see it in my small town, but I do see it in the next town over where we do our shopping. However, even there it's very rare.

Now, when I worked in the 'hood, it was unusual to not see it.

The upside is that the style makes for slower targets and a you can use a shorter lead.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #12

Liked 1403 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Now, now guys there is a reason for the drooping pants.

You see they carry fully loaded "clips" in their back pockets.

Now don't you feel foolish?

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #13

Liked 6105 Times on 3697 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

I think it's ridiculous and stupid. Not only do they walk holding their pants up with one hand or pulling them up every couple seconds but I've seen them walking with their feet spread apart trying to keep their pants on. Just the other day I was at lunch with my youngest son and we saw someone like that. I told him when that kid is about 45 years old, he's going to look at pictures of himself looking like that and realize how stupid he looked.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:25 PM   #14
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

My little brother walked in the door the other day and my dad said
"ya know, if I had gone to school with my pants around my knees, my shoes untied and my hat on crooked they would have sent me to resource." It's my generation and even I don't get it. Silly boys.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

There's benefits to the style.

1. If your son ever dresses like that you know for sure you have big problems that need to be solved.

2. If your daughter brings home a boyfriend that dresses like that you know for sure you have big problems that need to be solved.

3. Minimum wage employers love it because it's a sign the person will work for minimum wage and will never have any ambition to move up into the hiring managers job slot.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7311 Times on 4246 Posts
Likes Given: 9421

When I was working for a car dealership several years ago I would mentor young prospective mechanics right out of high school (and a couple still in high school). One of them was into that stupid look, and when he put on his new uniform he pulled his pants down over his butt and I walked around him and "pantsed" him, telling him his damned pants had to be on his hips or around his ankles, not somewhere in between. He was a tough nut to crack, pulling his pants up whenever I was near enough to pants him. I even would take and zip-tie him a belt that he would have to cut off to take a leak. That didn't work very well, but what eventually did it was one day I got everybody in the shop (myself included) to wear their pants "his style". Seeing a bunch of old men in their 40's and 50's wearing their pants like that and mockingly playing "gangsta" got him to change his style at work at least. He ended up washing out. It was a wasted effort on my part but I felt good about "winning" the battle. That kid is probably in jail today. He was the only one of the kids I mentored that washed out. Most of them still work at the same dealership today and have become journeymen mechanics.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #17
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I smacked a 15 year old boy across the back cheeks with a boat paddle in the Sportsman's Warehouse. He was at the gun counter (like he's even old enough to buy), was leaning over it, with a hole in his boxers and pants completely below his A$$. So I walked up to the second floor, grabbed a boat paddle, walked back down and smacked him. They asked him to leave. Then they asked me why I did it, I said "someone needs too, and it's not like his mama's going to"

Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 PM   #18

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Way to go trip!

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #19
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My pants sag plumber style all the time, but it's because I have a gut and a terrible disease called noassatall. Seriously, I have a body type like a potato walking on toothpick legs.

I do wear a belt though, and hitch em up every time it feels breezy.
I'm thinking of getting some suspenders...

Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #20
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Two things my granny demanded EVERY "true" man have. She EXPECTED HER grandsons to have 'em, would even check periodically. One was a BELT and two was a "hanky" or as others would call them a kerchief or even known as a snot rag. I go nowhere to this day without either.

My eldest used to (Notice i said "USED to") sag his pants. Until one time up at the Christmas party at my moms house with a house full of strangers (to him) he strutted thru the kitchen with his pants half down and she pantsed him...got him good, not just the pants but his boxers as well, there he stood in front of god and everyone with his junk on display, red in the face like a woodpecker in the head. That cured THAT problem!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!