Paleo Q & A
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Paleo Q & A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4743 Times on 2362 Posts
Likes Given: 1132

Default Paleo Q & A

Because I'm having pm issues and because some here have expressed interest in feeling the best they ever have.
Any questions? Comments? Success stories?

I Went from 255 to 180ish with very little exercise, and insane gains in energy and mood. That's my success story. Flat out, Paleo is AWESOME! And it works! It's not a fad, it's a lifestyle.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #2

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

I have a question.

What is Paleo?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 PM   #3

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I am actually agree with TWMIM. Hold on a sec a pig just flew by.
Any way what is it you're talking about?

Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #4

Liked 4743 Times on 2362 Posts
Likes Given: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM
I have a question.

What is Paleo?
Paleo is eating based on evolution. Humans have been around for 250,000 years. Longer if you consider pre-human ancestors. Agriculture didn't come around until 5-7,000 years ago. Basically, we're not designed to eat grains, milk, sugar, processed foods, beans, etc.

It's a diet consisting of mainly fats, meats, vegetables, and moderate fruit. And nuts (no peanuts).

Old 09-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have been doing some reading and I am really considering giving this the 28 day try to see how I feel and how it works. Some more research time today to follow.

On the plus side I work, literally, about two blocks from Pike Place Market, so all the fresh local fish, meat and veggies can we had quite easily with a much needed walk at lunch.

My concerns are the restriction on my adult beverage and bread. I do love you sourdough.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #6

Liked 402 Times on 285 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger
I have been doing some reading and I am really considering giving this the 28 day try to see how I feel and how it works. Some more research time today to follow.

On the plus side I work, literally, about two blocks from Pike Place Market, so all the fresh local fish, meat and veggies can we had quite easily with a much needed walk at lunch.

My concerns are the restriction on my adult beverage and bread. I do love you sourdough.
Edit that out before dog sees it!!!
Sourdough is pretty incredible isn't it.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #7

Liked 1623 Times on 696 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

You up for another challenge?
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #8

Liked 335 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

I'm looking into to it as well JD. My concerns are the same as yours about the beer and whiskey.

My take on it is like any other "diet" things like that are OK in moderation. If you really want a slice or two of pizza, have it, just not everyday. My diet is already half Paleo anyways as I can't have milk or ice cream (although I do OK with most cheese) and many forms of bread bother my gut.

I am looking more into it because of the supposed energy gain and I could stand to lose 10 lbs. I'd like to trim back down to 200lbs. I already gave up pop (soda for you people outside the mid west). Coffee will be a bitch, but I figure I'll limit myself to one cup in the morning and then ween off of it.

My biggest challenge will be lunch. I am alone at work most days, and so I have to close the shop and grab something quick. Making a lunch at home is an option, but it is tough as I have very hectic mornings trying to get a 4 and 5 year old out the door (it's like herding cats, I swear). So any suggestions as to a lunch that I can make the night before would be great.
Dillinger Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMIM View Post
You up for another challenge?
Who else do you know is crazy enough to follow down the dark rabbit hole? Are you up to another sprint for forum entertainment?
TWMIM Likes This 
Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF View Post
Edit that out before dog sees it!!!
Sourdough is pretty incredible isn't it.
My love affair with sourdough has been WELL mocked by many, and on many occasions, so this not virgin territory.

Not unlike your backside there Butters. . ZING!!!
TWMIM Likes This