Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pakistan Orders Troops to Fire On U.S.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know, I believe that part of the world to be fairly good for long range sight distances.

Perhaps we could station some guys "NEAR" the border with the ability to reach out and touch someone. You know, should any of the remaining deck of 52, or anyone from Interpol/FBI's Most Wanted happens to poke their heads out...

JD
You know JD, I have often thought about this same thiing! Why the hell can't we post snipers along the border? I would love to volunteer for this type of duty - give me a Barret .50 and let me have some fun!!! That Canadian Sniper in the video link I posted a while back was in the same terrain - granted, he was a professional, but I have a burning desire! That should count fo something...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 09-16-2008 at 11:25 PM.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:30 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Everyone knows that OBL is hiding in Pakistan.
OBL is dead.

9x18=Makarov

Old 09-16-2008, 11:35 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know, I believe that part of the world to be fairly good for long range sight distances.

Perhaps we could station some guys "NEAR" the border with the ability to reach out and touch someone.

JD
Simple AND effective. I likey. No doubt the CIA already has plans to employ India for the task of inciting a conflict. Massive overkill if you ask me.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:20 AM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
You know JD, I have often thought about this same thiing! Why the hell can't we post snipers along the border? I would love to volunteer for this type of duty - give me a Barret .50 and let me have some fun!!! That Canadian Sniper in the video link I posted a while back was in the same terrain - granted, he was a professional, but I have a burning desire! That should count fo something...
RL - With your service to country already under the belt, I would be glad to act as a spotter for you and fund half the Chey Tac .408 with the Intervention System to make sure the job gets done right. I've never known a Marine that couldn't shoot. We just need "approval" to avoid charges....

I am telling you, reach out and whack a few fools who think they are "safe" behind the borders and watch ranks close in a hurry. Suddenly the short range "attack and gets" will have to become LURPs and anyone with any history knowledge knows the body count on that kind of operation.

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 09-17-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
Simple AND effective. I likey. No doubt the CIA already has plans to employ India for the task of inciting a conflict. Massive overkill if you ask me.
Military snipers are the most cost effective means of "engaging" the enemy.

Let me know when you have some time on your hands, I can point you to some great reads about HOW effective they can be when properly utilized...

JD

Old 09-17-2008, 02:10 AM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The heck with snipers. We need 24/7 armed predator drones flying along the border with order to shoot anyone go to or comming from paki or afgan. Let them shoot at Predators all they want. We can build more.

OHHHH paki has some nukes who the hell do you think has more? us or them? We do we have more and better nuks. We still have chemical and bio weapons incase we don't want to wast a nuke on a villiage with a few cows and carts.

OBL is not in Paki he is far far away from their.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:41 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Pakistan will bitch and moan, but they know the deal.

"Achmed, are those American troops I see crossing the border?"
"Why....yes they are, Abdul!"
"Okay, you ride the donkey halfway back to camp, and light these firecrackers just like I showed you. In twenty minutes, we'll catch up to you, we'll all return to camp together and claim a great victory for Allah."

Old 09-17-2008, 05:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Military snipers are the most cost effective means of "engaging" the enemy.
Actually JD the most effective way to engage a Muslim is to wait till they pray and then just mow them down .

I was given that advice from an unusual yet reliable source a former Russian grunt who served in Afghanistan .

I worked at a chemical company that the owner employed this guy from Latvia as an independent contractor for major construction work at his plants around the country .

His English was so so but when I asked him if he did construction in his home country he told me he was either in the army and then a professional thief because the economy sucked so bad LOL . I then asked if he was taught in their army and he said No just killing is all I did in Afghanistan , we wait till they prayed on their little rugs and just kill them , they wouldn't fight back just die praying .

I guess we are having such a hard time over there because our troops have a problem with this tactic .

Old 09-17-2008, 06:12 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I say screw them, if they weren't providing a safe haven for terrorists then we wouldn't have to do it.

Although I agree with the comments here on certain Pakistani elements actively working against Coalition Forces in the Tribal Region (I might also say they also have little control), it's still their country and Pioneer is right.

It would be arrogant to say their Army and not up to a confrontation, they are extremely well equiped, trained, motivated and experienced. To provoke unnecessarily, the possibility of an incident where US and Pakistani forces where to engage would be more of the 'gung ho' politics that have gotten us this far. For the moment it would be best to regard them as friends, as we have very little of them in the region, for the moment lets stick to a political dialog and a little less of airstrikes into Pakistani territory that mistakenly kill sixty odd civillians. We just can't afford the press on incidents like this, because it's these people who once supporting the Coalition will be able to bring this episode to a close, only through the active cooperation of the people in this region will we be able to defeat the Taliban.

Bigg001: Our troop levels are still below of those the Soviets deployed in Afganistan and they still got their arse's kicked so perhaps we may conclude that it didn't work.........

Last edited by Boris; 09-17-2008 at 06:15 AM.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Actually JD the most effective way to engage a Muslim is to wait till they pray and then just mow them down .
Disturbing. But okay, I see your point. However, one well placed round is still cheaper than half a mag per body.

JD