Pakistan Orders Troops to Fire On U.S.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pakistan Orders Troops to Fire On U.S.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pakistan Orders Troops to Fire On U.S.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423104,00.html

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — DEVELOPING: Pakistan's army spokesman says its forces have orders to open fire if U.S. troops launch another raid across the Afghan border.

Pakistani officials issued sharp protests to Washington after helicopters ferried U.S. commandos into Pakistan's South Waziristan region on Sept. 3 for a highly unusual ground attack into a militant stronghold.

Army spokesman Maj. Gen. Athar Abbas told The Associated Press that, after the raid, the military told its field commanders to prevent any similar raids.

Abbas said that if it was clear that troops had crossed the ill-defined border into Pakistani territory, either on the ground or in the air, that troops should "open fire."

He said, "No incursion is to be tolerated."

This is a developing story. Refresh page for updates.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-16-2008, 11:56 AM   #2

i don't think that would be a good idea on there part, after all our troops can defend themselves if fired upon and we're better armed than they are

Old 09-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Next time terrorists retreat across the Pakistani border, we should notify Pakistani military and give the coordinates of the terrorists. If they don't respond and kill or apprehend the terrorists, we should blow the living sh!t out of the entire area, and notify the Pakastani Gov't that Pakistan will now be considered a hostile nation and that this is our new policy. If they won't work with us than we will work alone.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-16-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Next time terrorists retreat across the Pakistani border, we should notify Pakistani military and give the coordinates of the terrorists. If they don't respond and kill or apprehend the terrorists, we should blow the living sh!t out of the entire area, and notify the Pakastani Gov't that Pakistan will now be considered a hostile nation and that this is our new policy. If they won't work with us than we will work alone.
What he said.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Pakistan is supposed to be an ally in the W.O.T., but they sure don't act as we would expect an ally to act. The leaders may be unofficially supporting us, but they have to talk tough to satisfy the Pakistani people / voters / warlords.

I'm not sure how far we want to push the Pakistanis, lest we forget, they do have nuclear weapons. Tough part of the world, no easy solutions.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Pakistan is supposed to be an ally in the W.O.T., but they sure don't act as we would expect an ally to act. The leaders may be unofficially supporting us, but they have to talk tough to satisfy the Pakistani people / voters / warlords.

I'm not sure how far we want to push the Pakistanis, lest we forget, they do have nuclear weapons. Tough part of the world, no easy solutions.
That's an excellent thought. I was starting to feel a bit twitchy about what our response should be. Everyone knows that OBL is hiding in Pakistan. If they wont help us get him, should they not be added to the "friends of terrorists" club?

Old 09-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Bear in mind that with Musharraf's departure last month, our relationship with Pakistan has changed.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post

Lot's of people have nuclear weapons - should we really be thinking as Liberals and appeasing everyone that poses any resistance? Or should we be more concerned about doing what must be done - at any costs. Seem's to me that "cowering" from a fight is what the world now expects from us. Reagan is rolling in his grave..
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-16-2008, 11:15 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I have to say, I am kind of with RL here. Pakistan may have nukes, but they can't just keep getting away with whatever the hell they want depending on what way the wind blows at the moment.

Give them an inch now and what will happen in a few years? What have we learned with the 8 long years of appeasement from King Klinton?

You know, I believe that part of the world to be fairly good for long range sight distances.

Perhaps we could station some guys "NEAR" the border with the ability to reach out and touch someone. You know, should any of the remaining deck of 52, or anyone from Interpol/FBI's Most Wanted happens to poke their heads out...

JD

Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 PM   #10

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I say screw them, if they weren't providing a safe haven for terrorists then we wouldn't have to do it.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380