Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Painted toenails in karate class. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/painted-toenails-karate-class-16245/)

skullcrusher 07-28-2009 10:45 PM

Painted toenails in karate class.

Ok, Mrs. skullcrusher took skullcrusher, jr. to his karate class this evening. She texted me stating that 2 male students (brothers) showed up with painted toenails. Their single mother is giggly and telling the other parents how she let them paint them because she thought it was cute and funny. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?? :eek:

How would your Sensei react to that? Mine would have made the toes swollen and pruple just to make a point. (long time ago, though) I guess if you are a boy and you paint your toenails, you'd better learn some form of defense. :confused:

Gojubrian 07-28-2009 10:48 PM

They'd be on their knuckles in the road until the paint wore off.

My instructors are very strict about jewelery, pansie clothing, piercings, and painted toenails wouldn't fly at all. BYE BYE!!!

What color were they painted?

Shotgun Shooter 07-28-2009 10:48 PM

Thats a little weird and I would deeply examine the boys. I painted my nails black one time. It was in 10th grade and dont remember why I did.

S.S.

mrm14 07-28-2009 10:57 PM

Back in the day, my Sensei would have either wanted to spar with them for awhile (not at all plesant with this guy), or had them kick that firehose wrapped 2X4 attached to the wall until the bottom of their feet bled to match their red toe nail polish.

chopkick 07-28-2009 11:01 PM

Kids who watch extreme fighting (MMA) are exposed to the likes of Liddell, Tim Sylvia and others painting their toes and see this as an acceptable behavior. Also, they think it helps them identify with a badass side of them that probably does not exist.

cpttango30 07-28-2009 11:02 PM

My kids instructors would have been ok with it. Shoot one has 4 or 5 piercings and she is smokin hot.

Gojubrian 07-28-2009 11:02 PM

Skull,

How old are these boys and what style of karate is it?

skullcrusher 07-28-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 136025)
Skull,

How old are these boys and what style of karate is it?

My kid is 8. One of the brothers is 8, and I do not know the age of the other boy. The style is (sp) Sho Ryn Ru. I don't know the color either, I was afraid to ask.

RL357Mag 07-28-2009 11:25 PM

Well...elephants paint their toenails red!
Why?
So they can hide in cherry trees..
You ever see an elephant in a cherry tree?
See how good it works...:D

DADDYTATTOOED 07-28-2009 11:36 PM

this falls in the same category as all pink outfits and male belly-button rings lol. maybe the mom thought it was funny or she has no daughters to mess with, i did a lot of dumb crap when i was young and i wouldnt do it now, it may be harmless fun if they are just trying to get a laugh, but i thought any martial arts teacher demanded respect from the students and trying to standout in any other way than by performance seems disrespectful. whats worse is that the parent allowed it, at least when i was doing dumb crap my parents didnt know and surely wouldn't have approved