Pacquiao vs Mayweather
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Pacquiao vs Mayweather

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 952 Times on 508 Posts

Default Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Meh.... Pretty disappointed. Pacquiao controlled almost every round while Mayweather fought a strictly defensive fight. I'll give the fight to Mayweather because Pacquiao didn't beat him but the score cards were way off, maybe a two point fight at best.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1510 Times on 1013 Posts
Likes Given: 182

Mayweather, has always been a defensive fighter

Old 05-03-2015, 06:30 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11014

I wanted May weather whupped. He beats woman.

I can't imag!ine getting beat by a man let alone a boxer.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 05-03-2015 at 06:38 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #4

Liked 206 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Glad i didnt pay for that. Whole fight was on facebook this morning

Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3179 Times on 1652 Posts
Likes Given: 322

Mayweather was the clear winner based on points. Pac man made an admirable showing, but "Money" won. I heard that today, Pacquiao admitted Floyd hurt him. I cannot recall any hits that could have hurt anything tougher than a domestic abuse victim

Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #6

Liked 521 Times on 310 Posts

Fight was a joke. Pacquiao rocked Mayweather in the 4th round and mayweather danced around just out of range for the next 8. I believe it Pacquiao had been more aggresive he couldve won by decision. Every time he connected with mayweather he got him good. Feel bad for the suckers who paid 40k for front row seats. Mayweather is a good defensive fighter and thats about it. He stayed out of thr way just throwing sissy jabs the whole time to rack up points.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3678 Times on 2526 Posts
Likes Given: 1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Fight was a joke. Pacquiao rocked Mayweather in the 4th round and mayweather danced around just out of range for the next 8. I believe it Pacquiao had been more aggresive he couldve won by decision. Every time he connected with mayweather he got him good. Feel bad for the suckers who paid 40k for front row seats. Mayweather is a good defensive fighter and thats about it. He stayed out of thr way just throwing sissy jabs the whole time to rack up points.
I have no dawg in that fight, but boxing is what it is. It is a gentleman's game. Played by thugs sometimes but still a noble game. If you want to see aggression win, watch cage fights. Ali used to retreat a lot and end up winning by points.

By the way - boxers punch harder than others do, because punching is the only thing. But the soul of boxing is not the punch, it's the leg work and defense. First hand

Old 05-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #8
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8452 Times on 5051 Posts
Likes Given: 11014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatblack79 View Post
Glad i didnt pay for that. Whole fight was on facebook this morning
i'l have to look for it. My son went to a sports bar with friends to watch it. I thnk that was the best idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
Ali often danced out of reach to tire his opponent out so in the later rounds his opponent was too tired to do much but try to defend himself. And in my opinion, there is no greater boxer than Ali. One night, years ago, my oldest son, then about 15, and I stayed up all night watching a sports channel that aired every single one of Ali's fights. It was an Ali marathon. He was truly the greatest. And I have several books and memorabilia on Ali. Including replica tickets to every one of his boxing matches. He and Howard Cosell were quite the team ROFL

Old 05-03-2015, 11:30 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3678 Times on 2526 Posts
Likes Given: 1812

The greatest heavyweight of his time, probably. Ali was also funny and had a public life outside the ring. He is now a lovable elder statesman of boxing, with a great charm and a sense of humor.

People prefer to forget that he dodged draft on a made-up pretense. Boxing fans also know that Ali had a mean streak, he could delay a knockout to inflict more damage. When Ali was chosen to light up the Olympic torch in 1996, Joe Frazier said they should have thrown him in the flame bowl.

The Pac Man is a citizen boxer. He is an MP in the Philippines, does a lot of charity. He may be president one day. Just my thoughts.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:44 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 658 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Cover and hold appeared to be Mayweather's defense. Prize fighting is about who is smarter. I am a Pacquiao fan and really wanted him to win but Mayweather was smarter and got the win.