Owner of broken rifle surrenders for 30-month sentence - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Owner of broken rifle surrenders for 30-month sentence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2008, 09:30 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Do you have the link to his thread at AR15?

This case is scary stuff and it needs to get out to everyone ASAP. Lots of people I talk to you have never heard of it.
Sure, here is the link.

Also, see this link on firearmstalk.com for a little more history.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

All SKS owners beware - placing the firing pin in the wrong configuration (backwards) has been known to cause burst fire. Another reason I won't use a public range.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-04-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
All SKS owners beware - placing the firing pin in the wrong configuration (backwards) has been known to cause burst fire. Another reason I won't use a public range.
This got me thinking. If I were a deranged, crazed, nutcake and I deliberately took my SUV across a park in order to run over or hit as many people as possible, I would expect the authorities to prosecute me to the fullest extent of the law; my intent was to cause mortal harm.

But if there is a mechanical failure (say, brakes) and I hit the rear of a car or even veer off the road and accidentally hit someone, the charge is likely to be far, far less severe, if there are any charges placed against me at all. Why? Because I had no intent to hurt anyone.

Clearly, Olofson did not show intent to loan a known-flawed rifle to an acquaintance who would get blown in for a burst fire. Why is the law coming down so hard on him, particularly when no one was hurt or even in danger of being hurt?

Ah, justice.

Old 07-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Because the ATF are nothing morethan a band of jack-booted thugs to whom the law doesn't apply. The obvious dilemma is that they go about their dirty business with the full blessing of the government. Just like the dept. of justice - they don't require congressional approval to wire-tap or conduct illegal surveillance.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-07-2008, 04:30 AM   #15

Here in Australia that would come inder the charge of being in posession of an unsafe firearm, a criminal offence under the Firearms Act.
But that is a moot point anyway, 'cos we can't have AR15s in the first place.......

I have seen target pistols with too-light triggers or worn out sears shot double taps, and nobody thought anything of it other than that his score was going to be off, and he should fix it soon.
BUT, if someone had reported it, he could have been in trouble.
BATFE sound like a bunch of pricks.

Keep up the fight, or give up the right!