Own an Unregistered Firearm? You Must Be a Terrorist!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Own an Unregistered Firearm? You Must Be a Terrorist!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1919 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3922

Default Own an Unregistered Firearm? You Must Be a Terrorist!

The AR15 website posted this photo, taken at Fort Benning. The message is obvious — if you believe in the Second Amendment and the right to own and possess firearms, you are with al-Qaeda.

Well are you a terrorist??? you are if you have a unregistered gun on FT Benning - AR15.COM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2009, 05:17 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
The AR15 website posted this photo, taken at Fort Benning. The message is obvious — if you believe in the Second Amendment and the right to own and possess firearms, you are with al-Qaeda.

Well are you a terrorist??? you are if you have a unregistered gun on FT Benning - AR15.COM

None of mine are registered. I don't fully understand your intent...oh wait. I get it now, you think all firearms should be registered......

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:12 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yeah, a military base requires people living on that base (presumably in the barracks) on the to register their firearms.

That sounds pretty horrible to me.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 12-21-2009, 08:20 AM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
Yeah, a military base requires people living on that base (presumably in the barracks) on the to register their firearms.

That sounds pretty horrible to me.

People living on a military base owning their own firearms? Now to an aussie that sounds weird to start with lol

Old 12-21-2009, 08:30 AM   #5

not only do they have to register their firearms...but they have to check them in at the armory and can;t keep them in their personal posession...and if you check out your firearm it has to be checked back in before midnight...unless you have permission from your command...like if you;re going home on leave or something...atleast that's what i've been told by others in the military....kindda sucks if it's true....i love my guns and i'd hate to give them up to anyone

Old 12-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #6

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

That is dependent upon the Post Commander, who sets policy where private gun possession goes. Here at Fort Knox the military members who live in post housing don't have to store them in a government armory and can keep them at home. But single member must store them in the base armory unless they live off post and have them at home.

Last year there was a incident at another post where one of the member wrote into an editor of a gun magazine notifying them that the Army had gone anti gun because they had been ordered to register all private weapons whether kept off post or not and to turn in all private weapons for storage in the post armory. Even ones your father maybe keeping for you until you get out.

When the editor contacted the post commander there about it he had no idea and actually looked into it, to find that it was a Female Major who was very anti-gun trying to set her own policy. She was quickly reprimanded and bluntly told that she could not set policy and that was done by the post commander and this post had no such rules.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Ditto what Opaww said. The post/base Commander sets local policy. Ft Stewart has a reasonable policy as you can have guns in your vehicle - primarily because there are ranges and hunting areas on post.

Not sure I'd want guns in a barracks either as they are very rowdy places - I spent 20 years in the military and had my share of barracks life...

Old 12-21-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I don't like what the sign implies but opaww is right.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer