Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Our Toby is home!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I have done rescue/fostering for years, and our fur babies are rescues, but dang this one is the BEST rescue story I have ever heard! *hug* to you winds, you did nothing but stand by your word but TONS of great karma coming your way my friend! Incredible story!

Dogs are the best, anyone that says they are dumb animals never was lucky enough to have a four legged best friend! they also know the humans that are kind and loving, and that saved them. That is you my friend and Toby will always have a guardian angel no matter where he lands, and you bet that you gave his "dad" a sense of peace knowing a person of integrity was taking care of his "baby" when the end was near.

Amazing!

QG

Old 07-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #52
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6740 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8036

I took Toby shopping today. We went to both Petsmart and Petco. He picked some items out for himself and his foster siblings.

But a couple things he got just for himself. And he spent his own money on these items. He got a new collar and tags. Notice the military theme in keeping with Riverrat's service to our country during the Vietnam War.

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 149

As a last tribute to riverrat68, here you go friend...

And somewhere up there, is a soul that will always be loved by our community...

Although gone, the memory will always be fresh, knowing we have a friend to keep dear...

And one day we will all come home, to meet again with that soul we so loved...

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Last edited by molonlabexx; 07-23-2013 at 10:39 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #54
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I never met him. I know someday we will meet. In the meantime, in Riverrat's honour, I watch over the care of his dog. Bob's very best and faithful friend to the very end.

People Like This 
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #55

Liked 594 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 1236

It will be my life's honor if the first thing I do in death is shoot with veterans like RiverRat.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #56
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1893 Posts
Likes Given: 558

I'm just glad he made it to you in one piece and you made it through the ordeal in one piece! He's a special dog, and even though he is a cattle dog, he's now an "Honorary Bullldog" in our eyes because of what he "went through and came out the other side"
*Toby: Gator "pawed" your Pic today on my iPad,, so I guess that means "HI"

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #57
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I got Toby a tennis ball. I came home and bounced it on the kitchen floor. He went absolutely CRAZY!! He's been carrying it around the house for the last 20 minutes, dropping it, pouncing on it, then carrying it around again. I found a toy he likes!! I bought him a squeaky toy.........no interest. My son threw him a frisbee......no interest. But he LOVES that tennis ball.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #58
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2751 Times on 1893 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I got Toby a tennis ball. I came home and bounced it on the kitchen floor. He went absolutely CRAZY!! He's been carrying it around the house for the last 20 minutes, dropping it, pouncing on it, then carrying it around again. I found a toy he likes!! I bought him a squeaky toy.........no interest. My son threw him a frisbee......no interest. But he LOVES that tennis ball.
Then Gator & his " people Folks" are smart (Whistling and rolling eyes) because he has some more coming...
Gator likes the KONG Tennis Balls, and the Petsmart multi color large ones, but Yesterday @ Bed Bath & Beyond I bought him a "Kong" 2 Mini-tire Ball with a sleigh bell in it!!! Hope *Toby* likes his new ones too!!
Gator also has a "fetch" stick shaped like a Barbell with two Kong Tennis Balls attached!! He keeps it in a small basket in our Back Yard Gazebo Tent. He also has a basket next to his crate,.and he will scatter his toys all over the living room to get the one toy he wants out of the basket and hide it somewhere only he knows, until it gets lost under the couch or ent. center!!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Last edited by DrFootball; 07-24-2013 at 06:27 PM.
vincent Likes This 
Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #59
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

ROFL....Just received this minutes ago. Toby is going to live with my son tomorrow and this will be going with him. Great choice for Toby.

THANKS, GATOR!!

Toby is a happy dog.

Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #60

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Then Gator & his " people Folks" are smart (Whistling and rolling eyes) because he has some more coming...
Gator likes the KONG Tennis Balls, and the Petsmart multi color large ones, but Yesterday @ Bed Bath & Beyond I bought him a "Kong" 2 Mini-tire Ball with a sleigh bell in it!!! Hope *Toby* likes his new ones too!!
Gator also has a "fetch" stick shaped like a Barbell with two Kong Tennis Balls attached!! He keeps it in a small basket in our Back Yard Gazebo Tent. He also has a basket next to his crate,.and he will scatter his toys all over the living room to get the one toy he wants out of the basket and hide it somewhere only he knows, until it gets lost under the couch or ent. center!!!
That's funny...they're good at getting the toys out, notsomuch at putting them away...

Katie has a Kong...the odd shaped one with the hole in the bottom...I cram a treat in it and she's busy for hours trying to get it out...and she always does...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting