Our Toby is home! - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Our Toby is home!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Here's Toby playing with a soccer ball. He's a happy dog and losing weight, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmE9bc_b-TI&feature=player_embedded
Good to see him settled in so nicely.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 11-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #102
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7102 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8610

Here's a few pictures of Toby at our Thanksgiving get together. He's a great dog.

Here's Toby getting smooched by my son's FIL.

Toby trying to grab the attention of two of the young guys who were watching football.

Toby getting some attention from my youngest son.

People Like This 
Old 11-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #103
emo
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 160 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Thanks for the update.

Real dogs drool!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 AM   #104
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

He looks happy!!

He looks like a mutt that someone dumped of at the cider mill we went to when I was a kid. We took her home because nobody else wanted her. She was sort of the same color as a fox only a little bigger and some one apparently mistook her for a fox and put a load of what seemed like bird shot into her left shoulder.( Our nearest neighbor was about a mile away so our dogs were loose all the time and roamed the woods at will). She limped home, we took her to the vet and got her patched up, she ended up with screws in her foreleg before it was all done. From then on that dog knew exactly how to "work" that injury to her best advantage. If there was a rabbit in the yard and she though no one was watching she would take off 90 miles an hour after it, no sign of a limp. If you went out and called her she would hobble to you like that leg fell of half a mile ago and it was her dying wish to get back to the house. Then she would see another rabbit.....

Last edited by F4U; 11-30-2013 at 03:12 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-30-2013, 03:09 AM   #105
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3165 Times on 2150 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Very Heart warming to see him settled in! very nice Job Again Winds! The "man Upstairs" has a spot for you i'm sure!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 11-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #106
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
He looks happy!!

He looks like a mutt that someone dumped of at the cider mill we went to when I was a kid. We took her home because nobody else wanted her. She was sort of the same color as a fox only a little bigger and some one apparently mistook her for a fox and put a load of what seemed like bird shot into her left shoulder.( Our nearest neighbor was about a mile away so our dogs were loose all the time and roamed the woods at will). She limped home, we took her to the vet and got her patched up, she ended up with screws in her foreleg before it was all done. From then on that dog knew exactly how to "work" that injury to her best advantage. If there was a rabbit in the yard and she though no one was watching she would take off 90 miles an hour after it, no sign of a limp. If you went out and called her she would hobble to you like that leg fell of half a mile ago and it was her dying wish to get back to the house. Then she would see another rabbit.....
aCtually, she probably wasn't faking it. The excitement of seeing a rabbit probably made her run after it through her pain, causing it to hurt and limp more when she wasn't so excited.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:14 AM   #107
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
aCtually, she probably wasn't faking it. The excitement of seeing a rabbit probably made her run after it through her pain, causing it to hurt and limp more when she wasn't so excited.
True, but that limp came and went way more often than just when there was a rabbit around. She was a great dog one of the best we ever had!

Old 11-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Glad to see Toby doing well. I'm sure your friend appreciates it you looking after his dog and finding it a home.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #109
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

Glad to see Toby is doing well in his new home. thanks for the update Winds.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #110
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My son is taking his family to Disneyworld today. I get to babysit Toby until next Sunday. I'm looking forward to having some time with him. I hope he and my Border Collie don't tear the house apart wrestling. I'll post some pictures of Toby in the course of this week.

People Like This