For our LEO's... - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For our LEO's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
my wife had the sh!t scared out of her one afternoon, i was at home and the dispatcher calls me. she tells me that there is a burglary in progress at a residence that is about 4 miles away from my house and i am the closest one to it "i live right off the main highway". i hurried and suited up and as i was rushing out the door,my wife tells me that she is gonna lay down and take a nap. i start running hot toward the residence and the dispatcher comes on the radio and tells me that the suspects have just got into their vehicle and fled the scene heading in my direction. as i was almost to the residence the vehicle matching the description flew past me. i did a 180° and started after them and the chase was on. one of my partners come across the radio and said that he was almost to me about to pass my house. i tell him to block the suspects at the intersection in front of my house and we would shut them down. as i topped the hill i could see my buddy off on the north side of the road,patrol car sideways blocking the westbound lane. so the suspects had three avenues, stop, revene off the road to the left and probably take out my partner, or go right into my yard. he decides to try and run over my partner and as my buddy dodges the truck he fires several times at the truck " remember, right in front of my house and my bedroom faces the highway,only about 20ft from it". the truck continues eastbound about 3 more miles and tries to turn north on a dirtroad. i PIT the truck sending it down a ditch, through a barbwire fence,then back onto the roadway. he tries to regain control so i hit him again this time disabling the truck. the driver jumps out and tries to be combative............and the "minimal" amount of force is used to take the suspect into custody.

my wife said that she was laying in bed, then heard sirens,tires screeching, then several gunshots. she said that she rolled out of bed,hit the floor and ran to the front door but we had already gone by.
Laryl seems like a pretty tough little cookie mon ami and I imagine she got over it all pretty quickly too.....iv said it once, ill say it again-you are one lucky sob to have her.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #12

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

Laryl seems like a pretty tough little cookie mon ami and I imagine she got over it all pretty quickly too.....iv said it once, ill say it again-you are one lucky sob to have her.
ya, i called her as soon as the douchebag and his girlfriend were ready for transport. she was fine,just wanted to know that i was alright.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post

ya, i called her as soon as the douchebag and his girlfriend were ready for transport. she was fine,just wanted to know that i was alright.
Damn sure understandable mon ami

Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9842

Quote:
This is what makes so many veterans so mad about people in our country too. Its that people have no frickin clue what it is we see daily in some god forsaken hell hole and then come home to people talking about how there isn't enough food for them to eat or how no one cares about them. Try telling that to a 8 yo orphan on the streets of Bagdad, Kuwait City, Mogadishu, Mumbai, Cairo, or any other such city and they will laugh at you.
He clung to his Mother's skirt when he was 6 while the police took his Grandfather away never to be seen again. Shortly thereafter they came to America. I could sit and listen to this guy talk for hours. He served our military, as did all 3 of his sons.

My neighbor (his name is Ron) and Brian, his son who died, would do this 'routine' where Ron would recite the Gettysburg address phrase by phrase and his son Brian would 'interpret' it in modern day terms. It was hysterically funny.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #15

Liked 4542 Times on 2262 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
This is what makes so many veterans so mad about people in our country too. Its that people have no frickin clue what it is we see daily in some god forsaken hell hole and then come home to people talking about how there isn't enough food for them to eat or how no one cares about them. Try telling that to a 8 yo orphan on the streets of Bagdad, Kuwait City, Mogadishu, Mumbai, Cairo, or any other such city and they will laugh at you.
I'm not a military vet, but as a Merchant Marine, I've spent time in Egypt (during the unrest), West Africa, South Africa, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, (All over the ME, including Saudi Arabia), Djibouti, The Republic of Georgia, Turkey, and New York City...
Americans really don't know how good they have it.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post

I'm not a military vet, but as a Merchant Marine, I've spent time in Egypt (during the unrest), West Africa, South Africa, Madagascar, Sri Lanka, (All over the ME, including Saudi Arabia), Djibouti, The Republic of Georgia, Turkey, and New York City...
Americans really don't know how good they have it.
No they damn sure don't.