Our Club's Website - Feedback Please - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Our Club's Website - Feedback Please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Ive got 5-8 guys who would be willing to travel that far for good facilities and a state match.
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 AM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Part of the problem at getting current info is the club is very tight with the contact info it does have and doesn't collect email. They are very protective of member information because they do not want to identify anyone who has $1,000's of firearms. No one wants to do anything that might make a member a target.

I'm sure I can come up with some way of getting more timely info and satisfy the security concerns. Just need some time to work on the board with it.

IDPA would be a lot of fun.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #13

Liked 1429 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 440

The site looks good to me. You provide much more information than any of the clubs in my area. You actually explain the process of joining and don't make people click through 3 or 4 PDF's to find out how. There is a club in my area that says on their site that you must be sponsored by an existing member to join. Then it says you need to attend the monthly meeting, but it fails to tell when/where the meeting is.

Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2477 Times on 1328 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
You actually explain the process of joining and don't make people click through 3 or 4 PDF's to find out how.
There were quite a few pdf's on the old site. I got rid of those completely. PDF's are good if you have something specific you want folks to print out and take with them, otherwise they're a pain.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA