Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Our Club's Website - Feedback Please (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/our-clubs-website-feedback-please-35804/)

ScottA 12-19-2010 10:02 PM

Our Club's Website - Feedback Please
 
I've taken over our gun club's website. I've rebuilt the site at Google Sites so it can be passed on to someone with even less web experience than me.

Please take a look at this and let me know what you think. Is there anything I should include, change, etc?

Keep in mind, it's purposefully kept simple.

Milan Rifle Club Beta

c3shooter 12-19-2010 10:15 PM

Looks pretty good and straightforward. You DO want to do some proof reading-

4.When two or more shooters are shooing on the range at the same time, appoint one range office, who is responsible for procedures and etiquette.

There are a few others.

ScottA 12-19-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 406000)
Looks pretty good and straightforward. You DO want to do some proof reading-

4.When two or more shooters are shooing on the range at the same time, appoint one range office, who is responsible for procedures and etiquette.

There are a few others.

That's the danger of cutting and pasting from the old site. I'll have to go through it.

Shihan 12-19-2010 10:19 PM

Besides the things C3 mentioned looks good. It is frikkin cold up there.:eek:

ScottA 12-19-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 406002)
Besides the things C3 mentioned looks good. It is frikkin cold up there.:eek:

It was warm today compared to what the weather has been.

cpttango30 12-19-2010 11:11 PM

Like c3 said looks good. Straight forward easy to navigate no dead end pages well thought out. I would think of maybe adding a background some a little easier on the eyes over white. Just me on the white background.

Backgrounds are hard to do you don't want one that is too busy like say a repeating american flag and you don't want one that you can't see.

Maybe add a section that shows pictures of the facilities. I wish I lived around that place. I would be on that club like a fat kid on a cupcake.

ScottA 12-19-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 406036)
Like c3 said looks good. Straight forward easy to navigate no dead end pages well thought out. I would think of maybe adding a background some a little easier on the eyes over white. Just me on the white background.

Backgrounds are hard to do you don't want one that is too busy like say a repeating american flag and you don't want one that you can't see.

Maybe add a section that shows pictures of the facilities. I wish I lived around that place. I would be on that club like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Picture area is a good idea. I could get some good photos on the indoor range right now, but it's a terrible time to take photos of any of the outdoor ranges. Tracking down members is a bit of a challenge to get their photos. The club doesn't collect email addresses. That's going to be my next project is get them collecting email info.

danf_fl 12-20-2010 12:38 AM

On the opening page... put quotes around members only, i.e. "members only"

That way it will stick out a little more and people will be less likely to skip that part.

willfully armed 12-20-2010 12:42 AM

any plans of future sanctioned IDPA matches?

ScottA 12-20-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 406090)
any plans of future sanctioned IDPA matches?

Someone may already be working on it, but info may not have gotten to me. Getting info on new developments in the club is kind of sketchy.

Otherwise, it just takes someone picking it up and running with it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:30 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.