Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Other sports?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default Other sports?

what other sports do you guys like to watch and/or partake in other than shooting sports?

Me I am a Drag Racing fan myself. Love the Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle (As long as a Harley or Beull is winning). Top Fuel is getting boring as Tony schumacher is winning every weekend. I also like motocross and supercross. I am not that into it anymore but if I see a race I will watch it. I like the X-Games motorcycle stuff like step up and big air best trick and super moto.

Never got into baseball, football, or basketball. I think they are a bunch of overpaid babies myself. I was not for the taking of performance enhancing drugs what ever it may be. That is the biggest thing that turned me off to pro sports. When the baseball players went on strike was the biggest nail in the coffin for me watching. I only go now because the wife like it and if she gets to go to a baseball game I get to go to a drag race. I am going to try an make it to the Richmond drags this year.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

MMA - UFC/StrikeForce/HDNet/Dream - anything that's on basically. I love the competition and you can see some real technicians, like Anderson Silva, put on one of the greatest shows on Earth. I went to UFC 81 in Vegas, it was on the same time as SHOT, and got to see Frank Mir kneebar Brock Lesnar and Minaturo win his first UFC Championship by beating Tim Sylvia with a choke submission. It was a great night. Still got the signed poster in my gun room.

I used to be HUGE into Basketball when Michael and Larry and Magic were playing the game. Then it got out of control, Thug-Gee Incorporated took over and I stopped watching altogether.

I used to play semi pro beach volleyball for Oakley back in 89 and 90, back when they were a fledgling company. So, I always have a soft spot for V-Ball if I am surfing and it's on TV. AVP was big for awhile, even had shows on NBC, but those days are pretty much over. Well, except for the female beach v-ball at the Olympics...

My Fiancee', and her whole family, are from NY - So that means I "get" to watch the Yankees play and I "get" to go to a couple of games a year when they are in town. I haven't officially become a fan yet, but it's a good afternoon. As long as I don't have to watch every damn game that is. I tell you what, that Baseball Season Pass for DirecTV can lick my sack. Sweet Jesus, every damn day there is a game on.

Outside of that, I don't really watch, or follow, any sports on TV. A lot of the time we are doing stuff with the yard, or trying not to kill the dog, plus we love going out to eat and going to the movies. Especially now, summer movie season is one of my favorite times of year....

JD

Old 08-13-2008, 05:09 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Oh man how did I forget MMA. I love watching UFC, WEC fights. TUF is one of my favorite shows. I am really glad to see that they changed it up from the orginal season. I really like the fact that you have to fight your way on to the show.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

There are other sports???

9x18=Makarov

Old 08-13-2008, 07:50 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Oh man how did I forget MMA. I love watching UFC, WEC fights. TUF is one of my favorite shows. I am really glad to see that they changed it up from the orginal season. I really like the fact that you have to fight your way on to the show.
Okay, cool. I was afraid I was going to be the only one... LOL

TUF is one of those niche's shows that started out with such promise, and now has become a "who knows who" type of thing. I am tired of seeing some guy who has a black belt in BJJ, under a known guy, who gets on TUF with all this hype, then gets clowned in the first or second fight.

I am really glad you have to fight your way onto the show now though. This season is going to be great. Two of my favorite submission Masters as opposing coaches and then they do battle for the belt, it's going to be a technical masterpiece. I can't wait....*rubbing hands together greedily*

JD

Old 08-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
There are other sports???
Yup! Sure is! My favortie is Hockey. Think about it.... hard rubber projectiles flying at 100 mph! WOW! (and they hurt too!) Not to mention it all happens on razor sharp blades!

NASCAR has projectiles @ 200 mph, but I don't watch it as much as I used to. I've kinda lost interest in it... doesn't seem as exciting as it used to be.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I was the captain for my high school swim team but swimming it isn't much of a spectator sport.
I enjoy playing a pick up games of soccer, football, basketball, and ultimate frisbee everyonce in a while

anybody else watching the olympics?
MICHAEL PHELPS IS A MACHINE!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I love me some NASCAR. Like that football, too. That's about it for sports. Don't really keep tabs on baseball unless I happen to catch a Tigers game while surfing the channels.

I used to participate in racing when I was younger. I had to quit seeing as how there is no future for an illegal street racer, so I traded the car for a truck and a car for my wife (then girlfriend).

Old 08-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #9

I like to watch girls gone wild!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:32 PM   #10

Besides the shooting sports, I love to watch snake handling. It's the one sport where you don't need a bunch of judges to vote on the outcome. The winner is always obvious!

Last year's grand champion -

Last edited by G21.45; 08-14-2008 at 01:33 AM.