other forums

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > other forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Default other forums

Has anybody ever tried any other gun forums....I downloaded a forum called gun and game on my phone and have posted a little bit on there but they are all so touchy and a bunch of cry babies nothing like my FTF family

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-16-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9147 Times on 3949 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

THERE ARE NO OTHER GUN FORUMS !!!

Just sites that pretend to be!

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I frequent different gun forums associated with firearms that I'm interested in, such as the Marlin forum, Ruger forum, CZ forum, etc.

As far as other gun boards, I spend time on one that's pretty small that's geared to older guys. We've all be on there for a long time. It's very laid back and the guys really know their stuff. I also frequent a few survival/prep forums.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #4

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I was on other forums. Dint stay long. Like you said a bunch of cry babies. You could not joke around without getting reported. In noticed something about dedicated forums. That's just what they are dedicated. If your on say glock forum and you ask about a sig 226. Most of what you are going to here is "glock or nothing", "why do you won't a sig?", just stupid stuff like that. There are very few that know anything outside of what the forum is dedicated to.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:44 AM   #5

Yea all I said was I wasn't a fan of Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s and you would've thought it was the end of the world all I could do is shake my head lol

Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #6

Liked 163 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 86

I saw your thread over there. It happens here too.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7318 Times on 4402 Posts
Likes Given: 8975

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Has anybody ever tried any other gun forums....I downloaded a forum called gun and game on my phone and have posted a little bit on there but they are all so touchy and a bunch of cry babies nothing like my FTF family
Okay, like C3 said, there are no other gun forums. I occasionally get PM's complaining about how this forum is run and how "unfair" this place is. All I could say is check out a few other gun forums. This is a very nice, very friendly, very well run forum full of many members that go out of their way to help one another and to guide and answer questions. I also tell those that come to me complaining, any time you get 45,800 people together in one spot, there will be ones you don't like and can't get along with.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 04:55 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I have been to a few forums and tried a few out. So far NONE have been as helpful as FTF!

Old 02-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #9

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06
Yea all I said was I wasn't a fan of Remington 870s or Mossberg 500s and you would've thought it was the end of the world all I could do is shake my head lol
You don't know. It is illegal to have an opinion.

I had the same thing happen to me.

Plus it seams FTF is ware the more knowledgable people are. I have seen questions asked on other sights that are general knowledge here and it was like nobody knew the answer. I felt like a brain sergeant who got a degree in rocket science for something to do over there.

One guy asked what it takes to start reloading. After 2 days and 6 bumps I pointed him in the right direction. I was the only one to post. It's not like that here. With in 10 min depending on what time it is. You will have multiple knowledgable people giving you advice and showing you ware to start.

Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotMormon View Post
I saw your thread over there. It happens here too.
I just told them all off and probably got deleted Lmao