Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Orly?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Default Orly?

Quote:
The report blamed the sexual revolution for a rise in sexual abuse by priests, saying that Catholic clerics were swept up by a tide of "deviant" behavior that became more socially acceptable in the 1960s and '70s.
Just another confirmation for me that the Catholic Church has zero credibility! It sickens me as a spiritual person to see behavior like this in the name of God

Roman Catholic sex abuse: Report faults society for predator priests - latimes.com

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The Catholic Church's central core has the business workings of a fortune Top 50 Company, the Ethics of MS-13 and the financial resources, based on several hundred years of killing, robbing and "converting for tithing", of one of the richest organizations in history.

The mere fact that these countless tales of abuse ever see the light of day still amazes me, not that the Priesthood is a Sanctuary for pedophiles.

If I had to do business with the Catholic Church or The Mob, I would choose The Mob every day of the week because at least they don't make any excuses or try to hide who they truly are.

JD (still in Houston)

Old 05-19-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Liked 6103 Times on 3695 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

I apologize up front to any practicing Catholics here on the forum...........

But don't get me going on the Catholic Church.

JD, you got it right. I agree 100%. And let me say I went to a Catholic School from Kindergarten through 8th grade.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
The report blamed the sexual revolution for a rise in sexual abuse by priests, saying that Catholic clerics were swept up by a tide of "deviant" behavior that became more socially acceptable in the 1960s and '70s.
In a word, Bull****!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 05-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #5

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Just like when they got it wrong hiding these priest, then getting it wrong again by taking shelter behind their walls, they are getting it wrong all over again with this report

Personal responsibility and consequences for ones actions ... these ideas are not that complicated to understand

Like I said - ZERO credibility!!!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #6

Liked 547 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1507

And this is part of the reason I'm now Agnostic.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 AM   #7

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
And this is part of the reason I'm now Agnostic.
Indeed.

Celibacy was "held in high esteem" from the Catholic Church's beginnings for all ordained Priests. It is considered a kind of "spiritual marriage" with Christ...

Well, we all have seen just how that sexless, "spiritual marriage" has been working out for them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-20-2011, 01:53 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I also was educated, I use the word educated loosely, in a Catholic grammar school and at a very early age got a clear picture of the hypocrisy of not only what was promulgated in those confines but also in organized Christian religions in general. As over the years I have been connected professionally with several religious organizations I have found that the same behaviors that the Catholic Church has done its best to hide is just as prevalent in those that I have been associated with. Pedophilia and aberrant sexual practices are not the sole purview of the Catholic clergy but our media, under the pressure and guidance of the Christian Far Right, chooses to sensationalize what has come to light about the practices and coverups of the Catholic Church and say nothing about what happens in other faith biased organizations or programs dealing with children. As an agnostic I in no way agree with or attempt to justify the actions of the Catholic Church, its clergy and leaders but wholeheartedly wish that the corruption in other religious groups would receive the same media scrutiny and biased reporting that the transgressions of this singular entity does.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member

Liked 429 Times on 229 Posts

How about in the Politics, Religion and debate forum, this is the Clubhouse. Just Saying.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:19 AM   #10

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Really...I thought the 60's and 70's were about freedom and love...not pedophilia and child molestation. If the priests wanted to get their Austin Powers on all they had to do was leave the church, not prey on young boys.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington