Oregon?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Oregon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Oregon?

I'm considering a move to Oregon.

How firearms friendly are the state government and local governments? I've been doing a bit of research (curse of a classical education) and there seem to be a decent amount of ranges but that just doesn't tell me where I'm going to wind up getting hassled.

I currently live in Colorado and we're relatively firearms friendly so I'd hate to make a major move and wind up having trouble with my AK.

Inventory:
AK-74
M1911-A1
CETME .308 Sporter
Sig SP2022
Ruger 10/22
Hi-Standard Duramatic M-101
H&R 1874 12 Guage
Mosin Nagant M91/30
K-98 Mauser
Ithaca M-66

“It's too easy sometimes to give in to despair, unless, of course, you’re talking about politics, in which case you don't really have any other option.” Mike Littwin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 206 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 12

No problem with the AK. No state "approved gun" list.

Shall issue concealed permits, but they reciprocate with practically no one.
I have a Oregon resident and Utah non-resident.

SBR, SBS, AOW, Full auto, Suppressors etc OK, just do the ATF paperwork.

No magazine restrictions, Instant Check--no waiting period. No registration,
no restrictions on private sales (background required on private sales at
gun shows).

Not the most gun friendly state, but not bad. Any idea where in Oregon
you are considering moving to?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:04 PM   #3

Default East

Still in the preliminary stages. I like Colorado well enough, but I've always been a bit of a wanderer and I'm thinking it's time for a move. Same thing happened 13 years ago. I was living in New York and just decided one day to move west. Now I'm considering going a little farther west. Colorado got a little bit Bluer in the last national election.

I haven't been father northwest than Utah but I've done some research and it seems like there's a good bit of remote area in Oregon and that's what I like. Also, I'm told the climate is fairly moderate. It's 95 freaking degrees outside my house today and I'm not a big fan of the heat. At least it's dry. Still though.

I was thinking someplace a bit inland, Maybe Eugene. Supposed to be a pet friendly City and in addition to a cabinet full of hardware that goes bang, I've got three big dogs, to which I am quite attached. I've lived in really large cities (NYC Washington DC, Denver) and I don't mind a city environment, as long as it's not a flipping jungle and I don't have to drive too far to "get the hell out of Dodge" as it were.

Also, there are about a million and a half fewer people in Oregon than currently live in Colorado. Should be a little easier to get some solitude.

Inventory:
AK-74
M1911-A1
CETME .308 Sporter
Sig SP2022
Ruger 10/22
Hi-Standard Duramatic M-101
H&R 1874 12 Guage
Mosin Nagant M91/30
K-98 Mauser
Ithaca M-66

“It's too easy sometimes to give in to despair, unless, of course, you’re talking about politics, in which case you don't really have any other option.” Mike Littwin