Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Ordinarily I Don't Root for the Bad Guy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ordinarily-i-dont-root-bad-guy-7269/)

Dillinger 10-01-2008 08:43 PM

Ordinarily I Don't Root for the Bad Guy

But this guy went to so much trouble to get away with his crime that I kind of admire his OCD planning. :D

Monroe Bank Robbery

JD

ScottG 10-02-2008 12:21 AM

Is his name Congress....?

glockfire 10-02-2008 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 43239)
Is his name Congress....?

What an unamerican thing to say! Congress wouldnt pepper spray us in a robbery, they would most definetly shoot us before taking the money.

Dillinger 10-02-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockfire (Post 43243)
What an unamerican thing to say! Congress wouldnt pepper spray us in a robbery, they would most definetly shoot us before taking the money.

You forgot the part about raping our corpse....

JD

Rick Edwards 10-02-2008 02:27 AM

OCD most likely.... I tend to think that his BAR played a bid role.

dragunovsks 10-02-2008 03:05 AM

I was always told that maybe you can outrun the cop car but you can't outrun the radio but good god, was the innertube moving too fast for local police to keep up with. Sounds like Deputy Fife didn't want to get his boots wet.

Mark F 10-02-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 43213)
But this guy went to so much trouble to get away with his crime that I kind of admire his OCD planning. :D

Monroe Bank Robbery

JD

It was very creative, and it apparently WORKED! He will get caught though...

The dude won't be able to resist bragging to "someone" about it, and that will do him in...

Dillinger 10-02-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark F (Post 43304)
It was very creative, and it apparently WORKED! He will get caught though...

The dude won't be able to resist bragging to "someone" about it, and that will do him in...

That is what I was telling a couple of the guys I was having lunch with when the story broke. This guy planned this really clever way to rob the armored car, and then something stupid like a broken taillight, or a car with expired tags, is going to get him pulled over and found out. It's going to be something completely asinine that no one with any smarts would risk that will be his ultimate undoing.

However, I have to tip my hat to the guy. It would appear he made off with the money, not a shot fired and the police/Feds have very little to go as of last night's news....

JD

ScottG 10-02-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 43245)
You forgot the part about raping our corpse....

JD

Isn't that Barney Frank's job?

painted_klown 10-05-2008 04:06 AM

HEHEHE. I must admit that this story did make me laugh and is quite amusing. The dudes looking for jobs probably have an entirely different viewpoint.....:p