opinions...tattoo - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > opinions...tattoo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1878 Times on 1101 Posts
Likes Given: 894

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Well , I personally don't have any tats..! Instead , I have an epic collection of scars that tell an epic tale..!

Some of the tattoos I have seen are absolutely amazing art..! The detail and color are no less breath taking..! These works are so personalized , the only one that matters is the person who chose it..! Just mind blowing art and beauty.!
I resemble that!!!!
I have nothing against tats, but I guess when I was young enough to get one I never got drunk enough to get one!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2999 Times on 1717 Posts
Likes Given: 17703

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
oh....duh! well, that is THE embarrassing post of the day.

do i get a reward?
The day is young and who knows what will flow from my face , on hold..!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #23

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i veiw my tattoos as personal and private. an expression of artwork of memories of things in the past. a couple are tributes, a couple are simply reminders, but they are something i keep very private. very few people even know i have them, and even fewer have even seen them. part of the reason for keeping them private and pretty much hidden is that i feel no reason to display them or to have to answer questions about their meanings, because i feel that their reasons for being there are mine and mine alone. another reason is that some people are offended by tattoos and can cause preconcieved perceptions about first impressions at times. when i meet people, i want them to know me, not what they think i am by the tattoos i have. these are strictly my personal reasons and are in no way what others should do, because i am not offended by those who have tattoos they display.
Well, I try not to prejudge people...but when I see someone plastered head to toe with these creations it does conjure up my opinions and not necessarily positive ones. I'm 56 and have held out this long to get one. I got it because it reminds me of how adventurous I once was as a Merchant Marine. To fly out...all by your lonesome at the age of 23, catch a ship in
Reykjavik, Sasebo or Glasgow and join others you have never met (and some you wish you hadn't) took a little spirit. And a little 'daring'. I sometimes have to remind myself I possess this when I get too comfortable...but not necessarily happy or satisfied.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 06-29-2013 at 08:58 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7027 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 8478

Quote:
oh....duh! well, that is THE embarrassing post of the day.

do i get a reward?
No need to be embarrassed. How would you know if I really did or did not have a spider tattoo on my neck? I used to hate tattoos on people. But I have grown accustomed to seeing them and if I know the person well enough, I'll ask to see them. I find many enjoy showing off their tattoos.
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21395 Times on 12141 Posts
Likes Given: 53272

Quote:
good post, and i feel the same way. i won't go out of my way to either display or conceal my tats though (cept at work). and i don't mind talking about them. in fact, i've always thought of it as a club...and a good way to get to know someone. but i couldn't imagine putting something permanent on my body that meant nothing to me. but, i actually started on tats a bit older..so that may be the difference.

i know tats offend some, but that attitude in honestly in the minority now. i don't want to offend anyone, but then in general, i don't think people have the right to be offended by how someone else treats their own bodies in general. (unless they really stink in close quarters maybe ).

i'm pretty much live and let live in that regard.
well said! i am not ashamed of mine and didn't even get my first one until i was in my very late 30's. my reasoning is that a tattoo is pretty much a permanent item, so i felt that in doing it, that i would have to live with it everyday, so none of mine were done without lots of thought and looking at tattoos to decide what i wanted on me. none of mine were done on the spur of the moment.

the only tattoos that i don't really like are the ones done by some amateur or someone who isn't and artist, and look like crap.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #26

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Try moving your arm until north points north.
I've tried that...my natural magnetism causes excessive compass error...I could wind up in Omaha if I'm not careful

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
People Like This 
Old 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #27

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

Im proud of mine ive got 7 , 2 cover ups lol live an learn never put a girls name on ya lol unless its your kids, every one represents a time or a place i was at in my life. The 2 covers are just stuff that coverd but I like the image that was put on.
Im very glad some folks have gone from looking at a tat as him or her being a bad guy, drug user or biker whatever, to it being a forn of art.
First time I meet my mother in law we were swiming she ask's what "big house" have you been in. Being a sailor I got a couple while I was in the P.I. there not the best, lol things change a couple years later she put a fund toghter to cover one on my leg that covers knee to ankle on the outside of my leg you can almost split it in half. 400 $

Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Im proud of mine ive got 7 , 2 cover ups lol live an learn never put a girls name on ya lol unless its your kids, every one represents a time or a place i was at in my life. The 2 covers are just stuff that coverd but I like the image that was put on.
Im very glad some folks have gone from looking at a tat as him or her being a bad guy, drug user or biker whatever, to it being a forn of art.
First time I meet my mother in law we were swiming she ask's what "big house" have you been in. Being a sailor I got a couple while I was in the P.I. there not the best, lol things change a couple years later she put a fund toghter to cover one on my leg that covers knee to ankle on the outside of my leg you can almost split it in half. 400 $
so your MIL figured you for an ex-con!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #29

Liked 283 Times on 228 Posts
Likes Given: 1245

lol yep at least she had the guts to ask.. I guess a shaved head and tats does that to some folks

Old 06-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
lol yep at least she had the guts to ask.. I guess a shaved head and tats does that to some folks
lmao!!!!!:d