Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Opinions.... Galaxy Note 3

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stratrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,584
Liked 1605 Times on 863 Posts
Likes Given: 2615

Default

I love my Galaxy S4 and I really liked my last iPhone. I like to see them both vie for top place, it breeds a better phone on each side.

File Type: jpg Apple-vs.-Android.jpg (24.8 KB, 21 views)
__________________
stratrider is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #42
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DrFootball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Arizona(Fmr. NYC & L.I.)
Posts: 7,121
Liked 2839 Times on 1947 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
What do you mean?

We Apple users say when someone buys an Apple product for the first time, that we converted them to the "Right side" of the fence....


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh
__________________

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

DrFootball is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #43
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
G30USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 6,047
Liked 1028 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
We Apple users say when someone buys an Apple product for the first time, that we converted them to the "Right side" of the fence....


Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

Went from Android to Apple, can not wait to go back to the Android
__________________
G30USMC is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,517
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Default

I've had both and the simple fact is iOS is a safer more user friendly operating system,I don't drink kool aid and I would try other phones if there was something better.
The simple fact that android out sales iOS is because of all the cheap phones with the android operating system available.
Sales don't mean one is better than the other I know,but do some research on the iOS system you would see apps come out first for it automakers incorporated it first and are just recently starting to offer android compatible vehicles, the problem though will be that all the different phones with different systems will have the problems they already have with glitchy updates and incompatible updates.that is where iOS still has the upper hand and always will.
Sorry to break it to the android guys but more features don't always make a product better in fact it can cause more problems.

__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:12 PM   #45
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
G30USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 6,047
Liked 1028 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
I've had both and the simple fact is iOS is a safer more user friendly operating system,I don't drink kool aid and I would try other phones if there was something better.

The simple fact that android out sales iOS is because of all the cheap phones with the android operating system available.

Sales don't mean one is better than the other I know,but do some research on the iOS system you would see apps come out first for it automakers incorporated it first and are just recently starting to offer android compatible vehicles, the problem though will be that all the different phones with different systems will have the problems they already have with glitchy updates and incompatible updates.that is where iOS still has the upper hand and always will.

Sorry to break it to the android guys but more features don't always make a product better in fact it can cause more problems.

You drink the Kool-aid
__________________
G30USMC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rifleman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Live Oak,California
Posts: 1,517
Liked 373 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
You drink the Kool-aid
You obviously do not know what the term “drink the kool aid" means but that's ok,I have had both I prefer the other that is called choice and by choosing the one that is a safer more secure phone for my purposes is the opposite of drinking the kool aid it is called making a sound and informed decision.
Can not say the same for you though sounds like you are drinking the look how many apps and what my camera can do kool aid.
__________________

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

rifleman1 is offline  
winds-of-change Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #47
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
G30USMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 6,047
Liked 1028 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
You obviously do not know what the term “drink the kool aid" means but that's ok,I have had both I prefer the other that is called choice and by choosing the one that is a safer more secure phone for my purposes is the opposite of drinking the kool aid it is called making a sound and informed decision.

Can not say the same for you though sounds like you are drinking the look how many apps and what my camera can do kool aid.

It was a joke, relax..... Hence the inserted smiley

Carry on
__________________
G30USMC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #48
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 22,426
Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman1 View Post
I've had both and the simple fact is iOS is a safer more user friendly operating system,
That is exactly why I chose an iPhone. I'm not very tech savvy. In fact, I have PM'd Dr. Football several times when I can't figure something out on my iPhone.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
rifleman1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
stratrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Posts: 1,584
Liked 1605 Times on 863 Posts
Likes Given: 2615

Default

Yep, Android users have to know special code. You can recognize them by their decoder rings. Shhh, don't tell anybody though

__________________
stratrider is offline  
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
45-70 opinions!! iftown General Rifle Discussion 61 01-21-2013 05:45 PM
In need of opinions medic6882 General Handgun Discussion 25 06-16-2012 06:31 PM
GSG 522 Opinions? j2sw .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 5 03-12-2012 01:24 AM
Need some opinions General_lee Semi-Auto Handguns 9 03-15-2011 01:21 PM
Opinions on this AK PensFan_87 AK & SKS Discussion 14 04-01-2010 02:27 AM