Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Opinions.... Galaxy Note 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2014, 05:44 AM   #21
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yeah, but you need a backpack to carry it around in.

And that backpack needs to be "Ballistically reinforced,..." See what I did there?

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1599 Times on 859 Posts
Likes Given: 2603

Oooh cool, a platform war. I've got a leg in each door, lol. I favor my Galaxy S4 (Verizon) for U.S. and unlocked Galaxy S3 for west Africa. I can change the battery in each phone MYSELF, I can easily stick another memory card in them, they are both fast and I have no fears about security issues with them. My favorite computer is still my sorta dated 2011 Macbook Air. I friggen love this little laptop. I thought about getting an Android Tablet but I just can't justify the expenditure. I know if I did buy one, I'd race out and get a keyboard for it. Then? It would kinda be like what I'm typing on now, lol. I have a huge 17" gaming laptop at home that I need to blow the dust off of. Its' running Windows 7 and Ubuntu on a dual boot. See? A foot in every door

Old 06-29-2014, 06:34 PM   #23
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
Oooh cool, a platform war. I've got a leg in each door, lol. I favor my Galaxy S4 (Verizon) for U.S. and unlocked Galaxy S3 for west Africa. I can change the battery in each phone MYSELF, I can easily stick another memory card in them, they are both fast and I have no fears about security issues with them. My favorite computer is still my sorta dated 2011 Macbook Air. I friggen love this little laptop. I thought about getting an Android Tablet but I just can't justify the expenditure. I know if I did buy one, I'd race out and get a keyboard for it. Then? It would kinda be like what I'm typing on now, lol. I have a huge 17" gaming laptop at home that I need to blow the dust off of. Its' running Windows 7 and Ubuntu on a dual boot. See? A foot in every door
I'm in the same boat. I used to work for AT&T and had an iPhone 2 and iPhone 3S. Then I switched to Android (Samgsung Captivate, then Infuse, then Galasy S3, and now Galaxy S50) and never looked back. However, I have had a MacBook since 2007 and I've had my MacBook air since January 2013. I love this machine! I have no problem syncing my Android

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
I'm in the same boat. I used to work for AT&T and had an iPhone 2 and iPhone 3S. Then I switched to Android (Samgsung Captivate, then Infuse, then Galasy S3, and now Galaxy S50) and never looked back. However, I have had a MacBook since 2007 and I've had my MacBook air since January 2013. I love this machine! I have no problem syncing my Android
I assume you're using Kies to do file transfers? Thats what I use. No issues whatsover.

Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I assume you're using Kies to do file transfers? Thats what I use. No issues whatsover.
Yup. I used to use my Galaxy S5 to listen music in the car but then with Google Music Player on the Mac and a 64 GB thumb drive I don't use the phone for that anymore. I have my phone setup as a dashcam that turns on as soon as my phone detects my car's bluetooth. I have a 64 GB memory card in my S5 so I don't have to worry about taking up any memory.

NRA Life Member

stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Yup. I used to use my Galaxy S5 to listen music in the car but then with Google Music Player on the Mac and a 64 GB thumb drive I don't use the phone for that anymore. I have my phone setup as a dashcam that turns on as soon as my phone detects my car's bluetooth. I have a 64 GB memory card in my S5 so I don't have to worry about taking up any memory.
That's pretty cool. Sorta related; I'm using an app on my S4 to monitor my Jeep's engine via a bluetooth adaptor. It plugs into the data terminal just under the dash on the port (driver's) side. I also have an app that lets you use your phone as a remote control for your TV/Sat Box or DVD player. Oh, another app lets me see real time what my GoPro camera is seeing, and I can control the camera with the phone. Amazing what these phones can do, I even make calls with it
Old 06-29-2014, 07:07 PM   #27
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
That's pretty cool. Sorta related; I'm using an app on my S4 to monitor my Jeep's engine via a bluetooth adaptor. It plugs into the data terminal just under the dash on the port (driver's) side. I also have an app that lets you use your phone as a remote control for your TV/Sat Box or DVD player. Oh, another app lets me see real time what my GoPro camera is seeing, and I can control the camera with the phone. Amazing what these phones can do, I even make calls with it
I have the remote control app as well. That thing is awesome!!! It makes it so much easier to change the channel and adjust the volume of any tv. I can be sitting at the hospital with an inmate and I can change the channel whenever I want!

NRA Life Member

stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #28
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

I have an iPhone 5S. First smart phoneI ever owned so I have nothing to compare it to.

stratrider Likes This 
Old 06-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #29

Liked 419 Times on 233 Posts

I have been using apple stuff for a long time now, and thought about switching to a Galaxy s5 based off of my son raving about his s4. Went to the AT&T store and checked it out, love the camera and screen, but then starting playing with some of the privacy stuff, and found most of the privacy stuff needed to be turned off for the apps to work to work right. Now I'm no tinfoil wearer, but I like my privacy and the thought of not being able to make so they can't "locate" me if I don't want them to seemed sketchy. The sales folks didn't seem to know to much about it so I decided to pass and wait to see what the iPhone 6 will be like.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:03 AM   #30
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2753 Times on 1895 Posts
Likes Given: 558

New iOS release within 6-9 months will change everything. The only good thing Samsung makes are TV's...it's a FACT that they RIPPED off Apple... That's why Apple won the court case....Wife and I are getting 5C 's in a few weeks..

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

rifleman1 Likes This