Open carry...what police think about-it... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Open carry...what police think about-it...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Are you being forced to be here? I'm here because I like it. I'm previous military police. Granted it's a totally different animal, but it's still law enforcement.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Let's just keep beating dead horses around here. How many OTHER times do you think that video has been linked here on FTF? Why not just link to the thread on here where it was already discussed? Because that's not good enough. The "new generation" here wants to get their digs in every chance they get.

LEOs didn't create the "Us vs. Them" mentality... they reacted to it. This forum is already gaining the reputation as not being "cop friendly" on other forums... which is where all the cops here will eventually end up going. Most won't even say anything, they'll just "taper off" until enough people "come and go" here that they're not even remembered.

I'll be the a-hole and actually SAY something about it.
The cop bashing on FTF has gotten a little bad. I have no problems with cops. I actually respect them to the same degree as I do our armed forces, but LEOs like that don't deserve the badge they wear. He is one of the bad ones. Most LEOs are good cops and don't do that. Many have to deal with drug addicts, drunks, and azzholes on a daily basis. A little respect for the good ones is well deserved.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-22-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

Haha that happened in my wifes hometown hahahaha I sue that SOB and the county and anybody else I could having a cop talking about executing civilians I'd own the police station when I was done

Old 11-22-2011, 06:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Are you being forced to be here? I'm here because I like it. I'm previous military police. Granted it's a totally different animal, but it's still law enforcement.
Of course I'm not being forced to be here. I, too, like it here... been here for a few years, now.

...and you're right. MP is a "totally different animal," although it's still "law enforcement." But folks here aren't bashing MPs, they're bashing cops.

Until the 4th of this month, I was in the 1/104th MP BN... which is an MP instructor unit. I *KNOW* the difference between LEO and MP. If folks WERE bashing MPs, I'd say something about that, too.

I'm sure you'd be singing a different tune if folks here bashed SOLDIERS every time they had the opportunity...

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 11-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #25

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Let's just keep beating dead horses around here. How many OTHER times do you think that video has been linked here on FTF? Why not just link to the thread on here where it was already discussed? Because that's not good enough. The "new generation" here wants to get their digs in every chance they get.

LEOs didn't create the "Us vs. Them" mentality... they reacted to it. This forum is already gaining the reputation as not being "cop friendly" on other forums... which is where all the cops here will eventually end up going. Most won't even say anything, they'll just "taper off" until enough people "come and go" here that they're not even remembered.

I'll be the a-hole and actually SAY something about it.
Hydrashok...take a deep breath...rjd said he'd never heard of the Canton incident, is that so bad? As far as the "cop bashing" on this site, I've read,and posted in a lot of the threads you're talking about and I just don't get the impression that most users here hating and bashing the PD. Calling them out on their mistakes? Oh yeah, stupid knows no bounds and in the age of viral videos, youtube and the like, nobody is afforded the privacy they used to have just a few short years ago which is the reason for the scrutiny. Is a video of a cop helping an old lady across the street going to get the attention that the Canton one did? Nope, unfortunately, people these days love to take pleasure in the misfortune of others, which is wrong, but it still happens every day.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #26

I have stated my opinions on cops in other threads. I have nothing but respect for most of them. I have no respect for the ones in my town, for reasons I've already stated in other threads. And while I haven't seen members here bash the military, I generally just leave military bashers alone until they get right in my face. In person.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:12 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I agree. Way too much cop bashing going on in the forums.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #28

Finally just got home where I could actually watch the video. Yeah, I don't consider that to be cop bashing. I call that just a link to a video of a bad cop, or maybe just a good cop having a bad day. Either way, I think that was misconduct, and don't consider a simple video of it to be "cop bashing", which was the subject of my question to begin with.

Now, if it were a link to a video of a group of cop haters talking smack about "pigs" and what not, then yes, that's a different story.

Hydra, I don't want any animosity, but I think that was a bit of an over reaction to a pretty simple and straightforward question.

I know that cops have a pretty stressful job, in some cities it's very similar to combat duty in the military (my primary MOS was 0311, rifleman). In fact they said on the news last night that the average expected lifespan for a Memphis PD cop is only 57 years old. That's damn young to go, whether its from the stress of the job spilling over into your personal life, or from dying in the line of your duty.

And the Memphis cops have earned a bit of respect in my eyes. Has anyone heard what's going on with them? The city started cutting their pay and benefits... Coincidentally, as soon as that happened, there was a huge massive slump in traffic tickets, to the tune of the city losing something like 4 million dollars in the space of 2 months.

I don't know if they ever got their pay and bennies back, but that should be a lesson to all legislators everywhere- Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

You know...it just occurred to me...literally sitting right here reading through some of these posts...

I just flat don't care. I mean, I really don't. All the arguing back and forth is like 9mm vs 45. It's a lot like spoiled children at daycare fighting over a freaking coloring book.

I was a cop for over 2 decades. I served with integrity and bravery. I did my job the best way I could. I never took a nickel that wasn't in my paycheck. I never took a free meal. I never laid an asshuppin' on someone out of vengefulness. I never did anyting to embarrass my badge. I never lied, and I never covered another cop just because he was a cop.

What am I getting at? The bashing doesn't apply to me, or any of the other hundreds of thousands of officers who get up, pin on their badge, and do the best job they can every single day. You know the ones...those who would put themselves between a bullet and YOUR child. The officer who would run INTO a burning building before fire and ems arrived on scene because he or she thought a child was calling for help...you know...those cops. It just doesn't apply.

So...you know what? Bash on. Get it out of your system. Lay it at our door. Because one thing is certain...every good man and woman who wears the uniform has the BALLS to take that and a whole lot more.

To the douchebags who abuse their badge and uniform...well...they aren't MY brothers and sisters anyway.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 PM   #30

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Thank you for your Services ....ArizonaLawman...If know body's Thank-you'd..and..Well-said......