Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Open carry complaint (well sort of)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Just like smart phones... "Is that an iPhone?" "No, it a Galaxy Note 2. It kills your iPhone!"

It's just the fanboy syndrome...

I carry an XDs .45, wouldn't own a Glock after toying with my son's G23!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #12

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Same thing here a was carrying my ak to the truck neighbor asked me where i got my ar from.

I know an ak looks nothing like a ar but i guess because mines all black it must me an ar. People just dont know all that much about guns, most of them i guess are just trying to make conversation but then again most of them have no clue what they are saying.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 12-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5511 Times on 2725 Posts
Likes Given: 5857

I think the folks your talking about are drinking the Koolaid too much! They probably watch tv to get their info and listen to LibTurds describe things that dont even exist as the reason we need to get rid of things they dont understand that do! You shouldnt be surprised, we have Congressmen who think troop buildups could flip an island and double barrel Machine Guns with Hi Cap Clippers and Bayonet Thingies are the scourge of society! Educate them, Im sure you do and sooner or later they will realize that all black pistols arent Glocks or even scary!

It would be interesting to see Open Carry come to Central NY and probably the best way we could stop those pesky NYCity schmucks from coming to visit us so often, we can only pray (and vote)!

Old 12-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 631 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 406

I have a glock 26 and carry it sometimes, but I also carry a variety of guns. this may be hard to except, but a few weeks ago I was watching the sunday morning CBS news and the had a segment on there and it was a long one on America's farvorate handgun, yeh you guested it, a glock, they sell more glocks in America then any other handgun and hollywood loves them for the movies, I think thats why we here so much about them.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #15

Liked 926 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 902

I'd just be glad they're interested enough to stick around and ask! Instead of running off screaming Glock! Glock! Glock!

I carry a Glock 27 because it's a good fit, is reliable and the price was right (good deal used). For 36 years (most in AZ) I carried a Colt 45ACP Series '70 but had to acknowledge the increased capacity of a still large and potent caliber. So I too have added to the common perception you've experienced.

Nothing wrong with other semiauto handguns but when people see polymer and "ugly" Glock comes to mind! This is due to the huge percentage of Glocks in law enforcement, civilian use, movies and media.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #16

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

When I do OC... It with a 4" Kimber 1911...

No one has EVER mistaken it for a GLOCK.

Must be a "universal" term for Tupperware... Like Tupperware!