Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Open carry complaint (well sort of) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/open-carry-complaint-well-sort-101635/)

QueenGlamis 12-16-2013 03:35 AM

Open carry complaint (well sort of)

no I don't carry a Glock. I OC pretty much every where (I live in AZ) and if anyone asks me about my weapon 99% of the time it is "what Glock do you carry?" I say none. I carry a Beretta PX4 subcompact with 17 round magazine. For the life of me I don't get why most of the population think that anyone carrying a semiautomatic pistol assume it is a Glock. I have nothing against Glocks, they are great guns but there are alot of other great pistols out there people.

The 2nd almost always question I get is "is that a .45?" No it is not.

Maybe there is too much hype around the media or video games or what not but seriously not every person that carries has a Glock or a .45 ACP.

I am ALWAYS polite and educate them if asked, and I would never want to act like a jerk but seriously it gets old. :)

G30USMC 12-16-2013 03:37 AM

I carry a Glock chambered in .45ACP !! Perfection !!!!! :D

QueenGlamis 12-16-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G30USMC (Post 1460009)

Dang it, perhaps I should get a new EDC!

bostonscottkelly 12-16-2013 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenGlamis
no I don't carry a Glock. I OC pretty much every where (I live in AZ) and if anyone asks me about my weapon 99% of the time it is "what Glock do you carry?" I say none. I carry a Beretta PX4 subcompact with 17 round magazine. For the life of me I don't get why most of the population think that anyone carrying a semiautomatic pistol assume it is a Glock. I have nothing against Glocks, they are great guns but there are alot of other great pistols out there people.

The 2nd almost always question I get is "is that a .45?" No it is not.

Maybe there is too much hype around the media or video games or what not but seriously not every person that carries has a Glock or a .45 ACP.

I am ALWAYS polite and educate them if asked, and I would never want to act like a jerk but seriously it gets old. :)

That's really funny .....but seriously, which glock do you carry?

SSGN_Doc 12-16-2013 04:17 AM

Lots of gun stereotypes out there. Just like every gun used in a mass shooting is usually assumed to be an AR15 or AK47 until proven otherwise.

therukh 12-16-2013 04:50 AM

OC

I have carried a Glock but I don't usually anymore. I don't OC although I support those who do. OC makes me a little uncomfortable because I'm not familiar with what OC'ers have to do to OC. Are they trained, licensed, etc.? Pistols don't bother me as much as rifles, but I just don't get OC'ing an AR-15 or the like in the videos I see on YouTube, etc. So, this is not a complaint, just wondering about OC'ing in general.

robocop10mm 12-16-2013 05:17 AM

Because the average person has a very low gun IQ. They get most of their info from the media and video games.

I get people who ask me if I carry a .40. No, I carry a .40 MAGNUM (AKA 10mm). 95% have never heard of a 10mm.

MisterMcCool 12-16-2013 05:20 AM

Some states require permits for concealed carry while allowing (almost) anyone to open carry.

winds-of-change 12-16-2013 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G30USMC (Post 1460009)

Oh, so YOU'RE the one causing all these questions to be asked of QG!

Anyway, I think when you open carry you are just going to have to answers questions like that. As Robo said, many people's gun knowledge is limited.

austin92 12-16-2013 08:27 AM

I always get asked if mines a glock. Then they ask if it's a 9mm. No, it's a smith and wesson m&p .40. Had one guy say "oh so it's just like a glock 19". Omg what is with these people and glocks?!?!? Perfect example of why I don't like them...