Open Carry - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Open Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHossUSMC View Post
I don't know if you are implying that I am that person you are desrcibing, but I assure you that I am not. I agree that one should try to wear nice clothes and present yourself as someone that looks like they are responsible enough to carry a self defense weapon. But that shouldn't exclude anyone from exercising their right to defend themselves.
No implication. Merely stating that if somebody wants to open carry, they should do it well. I really don't care if they want to exercise their right to defend themselves and looking like slobs while doing it. All they manage is to hurt the cause and the open carry movement. If for some reason they cannot conceal carry and their only option is open carry: then for the love of all that is holy, do it well.

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #22

Well I agree!

Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #23

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Seriously? AS a former law enforcement official and most likely a gun owner, possible military, I would think you would know better. You should be encouraging people to exercise their right to protect themselves and those around them by advocating trained open carrying citizens. It's the Police and the general public that are creating unsafe situations not the law abiding citizens that choose to carry. I personally do open or concealed depending on what I'm doing that day.
Then sentence in large type from your original post reads as purely political protest to me...

Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Then sentence in large type from your original post reads as purely political protest to me...
I mean exactly what it says. YOU should encouraged people to defend themselves. THe more well trained people we have carrying the less crime for all of us. Don't read more into it.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM   #25

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
I mean exactly what it says. YOU should encouraged people to defend themselves. THe more well trained people we have carrying the less crime for all of us. Don't read more into it.
I read exactly what it said: "trained open carrying citizens". If it said "armed citizens" I wouldn't have a problem with it. I am against any form of regulated or mandatory training and open carry is a personal decision and should not be used as a vehicle for political change.

Remember, only a small percentage of folks are either 2A supporters or 2A enemies. The vast majority of people could care less. A sea of folks packing openly has a tendency to shock folks and we do not need freaked out soccer moms and terrified accountants thinking it's Dodge City. We want and need folks to see us as normal Americans - just like them...

Last edited by NGIB; 04-13-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #26

I disagree I think open carry will create a safe environment. And I never said anything about mandatory training or regulation, you did. I said well trained. I would never encourage someone who doesn't know how to shoot carry a gun, BUT I wouldn't stop them. I don't care if we disagree on open carry but don't put words in my mouth.