Open carry at 16!! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Open carry at 16!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12312 View Post
I read somewhere that in VT 16 year olds can open carry with parental permision, is this true? What do ya'll think about it?
I think it would be ok if they took a really good class on gun safety and were trained well.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

My guess would be that you would no longer have two butt cheeks.

Ouch. How did the gun go off?
He was holding the gun by the trigger im sure he slipped on one of the bumps causing himself to pull the trigger, a very stupid pair of young it wont happen to me kids well we learned the hard way.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #13

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

He was holding the gun by the trigger im sure he slipped on one of the bumps causing himself to pull the trigger, a very stupid pair of young it wont happen to me kids well we learned the hard way.
Don't go making assumptions about how I almost shot my a$$ off. It's earlier in the thread and covered in more detail in other threads, but to tell it again...in quick time.

It was the first deer I had seen while hunting, and it was a huge buck, my fingers were cold and numb, I got uber excited, went to throw the gun to my shoulder flicking off the safety, and the rifle just slipped from my hands. It landed square on the butt and went off.

Yeah, it was a dumb bass mistake, but not quite so stupid as walking around with my finger on the trigger. My mistake was failing to maintain control of my rifle, leading to a potentially fatal accident. Lessons learned.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Don't go making assumptions about how I almost shot my a$$ off. It's earlier in the thread and covered in more detail in other threads, but to tell it again...in quick time.

It was the first deer I had seen while hunting, and it was a huge buck, my fingers were cold and numb, I got uber excited, went to throw the gun to my shoulder flicking off the safety, and the rifle just slipped from my hands. It landed square on the butt and went off.

Yeah, it was a dumb bass mistake, but not quite so stupid as walking around with my finger on the trigger. My mistake was failing to maintain control of my rifle, leading to a potentially fatal accident. Lessons learned.
Has nothin to do about your damn post so ease up lil champ read an u will know

Old 12-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #15

Quote:

I was answering texaswoodworker how my brother shot me in the foot

Old 12-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #16

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

I was answering texaswoodworker how my brother shot me in the foot
My bad, I thought the question was directed at me.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #17

Quote:

My bad, I thought the question was directed at me.
No bad ,its all good pal

Old 12-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #18
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 701 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I had access to land when I was younger than that and carried my .22 everywhere. Of course that wasn't in public.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8817 Times on 5100 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

As long as the kid has been trained I see nothing wrong with it. My kids regularly go hunting rabbits, quail or squirrels on my land on their own. They are well trained and very safe, they have both passed the hunter safety test with high scores (97% and 95%). I think they should be allowed to own guns and carry concealed.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #20

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 94

Times sure have changed. Me and most of my friends open carried being younger than 16. Since we didn't drive, it was unmistakable that we carried shotguns as we walked our way to our favorite hunting spot. No one blinked an eye!

We had marksmanship classes in school... Using guns!

35 years ago people understood and respected the Second Amendment. How far we've fallen for this to even be a question.
When my grandmother was in grade school she would carry a 22 rifle to school so she could hunt on the way back home.