Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Only in my home town.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default Only in my home town.

Oregon man flings leg at cops during chase - Red Bluff Daily News Online

An Oregon man threw everything he had into escaping capture, including a prosthetic leg he tossed out his driver's side window Friday.

Again only in my home town.

Quote:
- Someone reported hearing a woman screaming for someone to let her out of her room just after 2 a.m. Tuesday at the Travel Lodge. Officers responded only to find out that the woman was yelling because she irritated an abscessed tooth while performing sexual acts with a man. She declined medical attention.
Red Bluff/Tehama County Police and Fire reports: 05/12/11 - Red Bluff Daily News Online

OMG REALLY...

Quote:
Crash
- A 46-year-old Corning man was injured in a crash involving two olive trees at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday on Loleta Avenue, east of Mary Avenue, in the Corning area.
How the hell do you crash not one but two olive trees? That I would love to see.

Again only in my home town would someone be armed with a freakin HAY HOOK....

Quote:
Violence
- A 56-year-old man was found unconscious at 12:25 p.m. Friday in the parking lot of Sierra Central Credit Union on Adobe Road.
Officers had been sent regarding a disturbance and upon their arrival found 56-year-old Albert LaChance.
Officers learned LaChance and Jason Charles Palmer, 36, of Red Bluff were involved in an altercation over an incident that occurred while both men were driving. LaChance followed Palmer into the parking lot of the bank where a verbal argument ensued.
LaChance struck Palmer with his fist and was attempting to place Palmer into a headlock when Palmer pushed LaChance to the ground. In the process, LaChance struck his head on the ground and was rendered unconscious.
LaChance was transported to St. Elizabeth's Hospital and transferred to Mercy Hospital in Redding where he was listed in critical condition. LaChance suffered a fractured skull and a neck fracture resulting from the fall.
LaChance was armed with a hay-hook during this incident, but didn't strike Palmer with it, Red Bluff Police Sgt. Kevin Busekist said.
The case is still under investigation, he said.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6115 Times on 3705 Posts
Likes Given: 6927

I must say, you have some very interesting police reports.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7564 Times on 3295 Posts
Likes Given: 1122

The first guy was convicted of attempting to elude police. Pled guilty.

His lawyer told him he didn't have a leg to stand on.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

That is some crazy stuff. And here, all I can think that is cool for a small town is that both the UPS guy and the Postmaster General know me by name.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
That is some crazy stuff. And here, all I can think that is cool for a small town is that both the UPS guy and the Postmaster General know me by name.
That's not always a good thing. Here they sort the mail by name not address. My wife is constantly having to trade mail with another lady with the same name about 15 miles from us.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
That's not always a good thing. Here they sort the mail by name not address. My wife is constantly having to trade mail with another lady with the same name about 15 miles from us.
I don't actually have an address. If I order something from say "Cabela's" and I type in my UPS address it comes up as not found. I have to force the order if delivered by UPS. Good that the driver knows me. As far as the PO, I have a PO Box. It is such a small place that the Postmaster works the counter. If I stop in to check my PO Box, he sees me and lets me know if I have a delivery that does not fit in the box. Both are good things for me.

The UPS guy used to drop my home orders at my previous place of employment.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!