Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Only in america (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/only-america-31589/)

LONGHAIR 09-10-2010 08:08 PM

Only in america

ONLY IN AMERICA...can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. only in america...are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. only in america...do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to fill their prescriptions,while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front. only in america...do people orderdouble cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put useless junk in the garage...do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight...do they have drive-up ATM machines with braille lettering. EVER WONDER did I leave any out Why didn't Noah swat those two moszuitoes? or mouse-flavored cat food. IT MUST BE A FULL MOON !!!:eek::eek:

orangello 09-10-2010 08:10 PM

Ever seen a McDonalds door with a sign that reads "picture menus available"?

Angry_bald_guy 09-10-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 348290)

That has got to be the best one.

orangello 09-10-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angry_bald_guy (Post 348298)
That has got to be the best one.

It made me wonder enough to ask a sober person if it made sense to them. It didn't.

danf_fl 09-10-2010 08:24 PM

Honest!! I've braille on doors where Navy pilots are trained. But worse is braille on the shooting stalls at a range I used to go to.

orangello 09-10-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 348304)
worse is braille on the shooting stalls at a range I used to go to.

:eek::eek::eek: Some body armor recommended!

Dillinger 09-10-2010 09:14 PM

And braille on drive up ATM's. Really?? :confused:

Bigdog57 09-11-2010 12:07 AM

Here at work, my floor is home to the Division of Blind Services - many of their employees are sight-impaired. Things can get 'interesting' in the men's room...... ;)
Had one young man, Adam, speaking of a lady co-worker who had just left for another agency - holding his white cane, he quips "And she had great legs!"
I almost choked myself trying not to laugh.......... :D

Mickey Dee's sign at the drive through - "Warning! Coffee is HOT!" floors me everytime I see it! :)

M14sRock 09-11-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 348290)

Seriously?!

Dzscubie 09-11-2010 01:06 AM

Then next time you are in McDonalds look closely at the keys on the register. They have little pictures of the items on them and if you donít want onions they have a onion with a red circle and slash through it. Iím not kidding they donít punch in the amount anymore they punch the picture thatís why if the total is $4.58 and you give them a $10 dollar bill, two quarters and a dime they give you that deer in the headlights look.