Online Precious Metal dealers
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Online Precious Metal dealers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 565 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Online Precious Metal dealers

Has anyone on here ever bought precious metals online before?

I am looking at investing in some silver soon. Never done this before but I want to buy physical silver, not some bond or stocks or anything.

The two companies that stick out to me are:
APMEX because it is the biggest company and have a huge selection and
Provident Metals because they have low over-spot prices and are from Texas.

Has anyone had any experiences with these companies or have any other suggestions?

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 220

I'm too poor to actually buy anything... but found this site
http://golddealerreviews.com/

Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks! Very helpful. I guess I didn't do all of my homework. Read some really bad reviews, of course there was a bunch of good ones too.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #4

Liked 400 Times on 261 Posts
Likes Given: 1424

This forums sister site preparedsociety.com has a sponsor jmbullion.com from whom I have bought twice. Stuff was on time and as drescribed and price fair.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

EVERY DAY MEN WHO WILL FOLLOW ORDERS TO KILL YOU, EXERCISE. DO YOU?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9507 Times on 4091 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Not what you asked, but a suggestion- check with local coins dealers for their "melt" or "junk" coins. These are 90% silver coins that are too badly worn to have a collector's value. With a cup of coffee and a box of doughnts, you can probably pick up for the spot melt price- especially if you have cash. Price of silver is down at bit as we speak.

Check coinflation.com for melt values of US coins

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I found Texas Precious Metals on that website guide and it had a very high rating. Plus their prices were cheaper than anyone else.

All the big companies say they have the lowest price because they can buy in bulk. It really seems that its just a marketing scheme.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Not what you asked, but a suggestion- check with local coins dealers for their "melt" or "junk" coins. These are 90% silver coins that are too badly worn to have a collector's value. With a cup of coffee and a box of doughnts, you can probably pick up for the spot melt price- especially if you have cash. Price of silver is down at bit as we speak.

Check coinflation.com for melt values of US coins
Yeah I know about 90% silver coins. I have a few. I plan on purchasing a few more also.

I just saw something on the internet today, China has now begun ripping off our 90% silver coins and making fakes.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I've been buying from APMEX as of late, and am quite impress with them.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #9
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2321 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 840

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
I found Texas Precious Metals on that website guide and it had a very high rating. Plus their prices were cheaper than anyone else.

All the big companies say they have the lowest price because they can buy in bulk. It really seems that its just a marketing scheme.
There's only a small handful of dealers who can buy directly from the US Mint. One you get past that level and the coins are out in the retail market, it's a real hodgepodge. Be careful of the shipping costs and restrictions. Those can eat up a lot of cash quickly.

I would recommend you follow up on C3's advice at least once. It's good to know at least some of the coin dealers your area. You might not do a lot of business with them, but at least find out how they do business.

You might find the following interesting.

http://youtu.be/LNalQwCe1JY

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA