online dating

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > online dating

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default online dating

A few years after my ex-wife left me, I decided it was maybe time to get out and find a companion for friendship and maybe a little on the side. Being out of the dating scene for 28 years I thought will maybe I can just put my profile on one of them on line dating services.

So I looked and found Match.com it seemed OK and them being a supposed Christian dating service I figured I would find someone that was normal, and not a pervert or strange.

I put on my profile,

I was male looking for a female
Between 30-50
Looking for friendship with a possibility of marriage later
I was a Catholic
Smoker
Who liked guns and shooting.

I told them my age and income status and posted the same picture that is in my avatar.

I got back 8 replies with in 24 hours. 7 gay men and one bull dyke, this is no lie either. I wrote back to the gay men and thanked them for their reply but I had to decline their offers because my butt was a one-way street that was out going and not incoming. One wrote back saying I should try it and that I just might like it. I wrote him back and said not my cup of tea but thanks anyway.

Then I wrote the dyke and told her that she must of got me mixed up with someone else, and I told her that I was a male looking for a like minded female. Well she actually wrote me back and said that after she got through with me I would be a female. Thus ending my attempts at on line dating.

More to follow on this

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

ROFL!! You must have messed something up brother! I don't believe match.com is a christian dating service either, but christiansingles.com and several others are and they make it pretty clear. People can always say one thing and be another however.

I like online dating because you can see and get to know someone without going through all the hassle of actually going out only to find an anti, atheist, or something of that nature. Plus you don't have to weed through a bunch of barflies to find someone genuine.

I met my fiance'(hate that word) online about 8 months after my divorce and we've been together ever since. I did meet several nutjobs and psychos on there as well. Beware of white liars, they grow bigger over time. Make sure to find someone completely honest and upfront with all their ducks in a row. Good luck and try not to date any women who exclusively wear plaid.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:41 PM   #3

Online dating continued

Yesterday I receive an email from a female who says she is a member of the guild I am a member of in the game of World of Warcraft. She says she was looking over my profile in the board that we have. The name of the guld is or was The Raging Horde on, and if you know anything about the game of WoW then you know that there are 2 main factions the Horde and Alliance.

Mostly we are always at war with each other, and sense some of my long time friends started this guild they wanted me to join when they found out I played WoW also.

This is what she looks like and what she said in the email I got today from her.

My Dear,
I am more than happy in your urgent reply to my mail.
How was your day?
mine was cool over here in Dakar Senegal.
My name is Becca Diane am 23 years old from ivory coast in west Africa and presently iam residing in the refugee camp here in dakar Senegal as a result of the civil war going on in my country.

My late father Dr Banabas Diane was a prominent successful buisness man and a politician under the govement of Late Gen.Robert Gue the former head of state before the rebels attacked my house one early morning killing my mother and my father.It was only me that is alive now and i managed to make my way to near by country Senegal where i am leaving now.

I would like to know more about you. Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.
I will tell more about myself in my next mail.
Attached here is my picture,
Hoping to hear from you soonest.
Thanks Becca,

This reminds me of them scam letters I get from some foreign country asking me to help recover their money and I will receive several millions if I do.

Looking at her photo’s The first things that come to mind is,

I cannot afford this
At my age this is worst then eating 20 pounds of saturated fat at one time.
I just may die happy
Why would a 23 year old be interested in a broken down old man in his middle 50’s?

pix1.jpg   pix2.jpg  

Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

FRAUD.......trust me on this. That's some guys trying to run a scam from a foreign country. They will email you a sad story and want you to send money after building a repore'.

Last edited by Gojubrian; 07-18-2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
FRAUD.......trust me on this. That's some guys trying to run a scam from a foreign country. They will email you a sad story and want you to send money after building a repore'.
I know......

Old 07-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Get a hot blonde haired blue-eyed Russian girl. They're all dying to come to America but need a sponsor...and they're all dying to find a man that doesn't drink vodka 24/7.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-18-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Get a hot blonde haired blue-eyed Russian girl. They're all dying to come to America but need a sponsor...and they're all dying to find a man that doesn't drink vodka 24/7.
I think I'll keep my equipment right where it belongs...zipped up in my pants. NO child support to pay that way.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, that's the other thing they're dying for....a free ride..but you could always get "snipped" and don't tell her....just tell her your count is a little low at the moment and you need to keep trying..several times a day.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"