the one you let get away... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > the one you let get away...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Seem's these stories of missed/lost love always end up with alcohol and/or guys running around naked/plowing clothes...

Old 09-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Loosing clothes (damn autocorrect)...

Old 09-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #23
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10695

Many years ago a buddy of mine looked out his front window and the people who lived across the street were having a garage sale (the father had died and they were selling his stuff). They had an M1 Carbine that they were laying with, pointing it at each other, cycling the bolt, pulling the trigger etc. etc., so my buddy stomps across the street, grabs the gun and removed the magazine and found that it was loaded! The dumb bastards had cosmolene to thank that there had not been a homicide that day. My buddy asked how much for the rifle, gave them the $40 they were asking and brought it home. He never fired it once, and when he told me about it some 20 or so years later I took a look at it and it appeared as though it was unfired as it still was packed in cosmolene and had no signs of any wear. I offered him $100 but he said he had no idea if it had been stolen at some time, so I offered to have a LEO buddy of mine run the numbers, if it had been stolen then I would have to turn it in "no questions asked".

Anyhow, he thought about it and turned me down. Not sure what happened to it after that, lost touch with the guy.