Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > the one you let get away...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8
Default the one you let get away...

We've all done it. Gun meets nice gun. Some cold feet. Go home to sleep on it. Come back next day...she's gone... Just curious what others have let go to regret it later. My most recent:
M1A SOCOM in Drednaut (I know, I can't spell) stock...

Sharing helps the pain go away...ok every one, "there's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear"...

__________________
Docfudd is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 09-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 8
Default

Sorry, should say gun nut meets nice gun...

__________________
Docfudd is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:52 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

For hubby it would be the Ruger SR1911 but he ended up finding one after all so it worked out.

__________________

Last edited by Zombiegirl; 09-14-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,904
Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

A pristine arisaka. No cash, nobody to front me
Though in the long run ammo would cost me so much i might be broker than i am now

__________________
ineverFTF is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,367
Liked 2378 Times on 1545 Posts

Default

K98 for $120. Went back to get it 15 minutes later.

Russian Sks in good shape for $150. Told myself I don't really need it.

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

M44 mosin. We were going to meet back up the next day. Guy was supposed to go home and grab the bayonet. I went home, thought about it, counted my dough, looked at my bills, talked to my mom, stressed over it, got pumped, got excited... He didn't show up. I felt like I was stood up at the sixth grade Valentine's dance all over again.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,904
Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
M44 mosin. We were going to meet back up the next day. Guy was supposed to go home and grab the bayonet. I went home, thought about it, counted my dough, looked at my bills, talked to my mom, stressed over it, got pumped, got excited... He didn't show up. I felt like I was stood up at the sixth grade Valentine's dance all over again.
Aaww trip. Who broke your little middle school heart?
__________________
ineverFTF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Her name was Danielle Conner. It's all good though. I was hanging out with another kid who got stood up too. We got to chat chitting, and discovered something... Danielle was a no show because she'd agreed to go with two different guys! We still keep in touch.

And some folks wonder why I have a hard time trusting women. They started burning me from the very beginning. That was supposed to be my first "date". Later on that same night, the new bud and I got into his mom's liquor. It was all a downward spiral from there, booze and heartbreak. I think it may all be behind me now though.

Can you imagine two twelve year old boys, drunk off their asses, wearing cheap rented tuxedos, riding their bikes around town? Good times...

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,904
Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Her name was Danielle Conner. It's all good though. I was hanging out with another kid who got stood up too. We got to chat chitting, and discovered something... Danielle was a no show because she'd agreed to go with two different guys! We still keep in touch.

And some folks wonder why I have a hard time trusting women. They started burning me from the very beginning. That was supposed to be my first "date". Later on that same night, the new bud and I got into his mom's liquor. It was all a downward spiral from there, booze and heartbreak. I think it may all be behind me now though.

Can you imagine two twelve year old boys, drunk off their asses, wearing cheap rented tuxedos, riding their bikes around town? Good times...
Those days are not far behind me. Good memories
Though i seem t have "misplaced" my clothing somewhere around town that night
__________________
ineverFTF is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineverFTF

Those days are not far behind me. Good memories
Though i seem t have "misplaced" my clothing somewhere around town that night
Good lord, I have stories about misplaced clothing, riding while intoxicated (horse), and not too long ago some azzhole did donuts on the courthouse lawn on a motorcycle in the middle of the night. It was no coincidence the sheriff went straight to my mom's house to ask her if I was by any chance back in town at the moment...
__________________
trip286 is offline  
USEBOTHHANDS Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes