Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   the one you let get away... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/one-you-let-get-away-72383/)

Docfudd 09-14-2012 12:49 AM

the one you let get away...

We've all done it. Gun meets nice gun. Some cold feet. Go home to sleep on it. Come back next day...she's gone... Just curious what others have let go to regret it later. My most recent:
M1A SOCOM in Drednaut (I know, I can't spell) stock...

Sharing helps the pain go away...ok every one, "there's a tear in my beer cause I'm crying for you dear"...

Docfudd 09-14-2012 12:50 AM

Sorry, should say gun nut meets nice gun...

Zombiegirl 09-14-2012 12:52 AM

For hubby it would be the Ruger SR1911 but he ended up finding one after all so it worked out.

ineverFTF 09-14-2012 12:54 AM

A pristine arisaka. No cash, nobody to front me :(
Though in the long run ammo would cost me so much i might be broker than i am now :p

primer1 09-14-2012 01:04 AM

K98 for $120. Went back to get it 15 minutes later.

Russian Sks in good shape for $150. Told myself I don't really need it.

trip286 09-14-2012 01:10 AM

M44 mosin. We were going to meet back up the next day. Guy was supposed to go home and grab the bayonet. I went home, thought about it, counted my dough, looked at my bills, talked to my mom, stressed over it, got pumped, got excited... He didn't show up. I felt like I was stood up at the sixth grade Valentine's dance all over again. :(

ineverFTF 09-14-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
M44 mosin. We were going to meet back up the next day. Guy was supposed to go home and grab the bayonet. I went home, thought about it, counted my dough, looked at my bills, talked to my mom, stressed over it, got pumped, got excited... He didn't show up. I felt like I was stood up at the sixth grade Valentine's dance all over again. :(

Aaww trip. Who broke your little middle school heart?

trip286 09-14-2012 01:45 AM

Her name was Danielle Conner. It's all good though. I was hanging out with another kid who got stood up too. We got to chat chitting, and discovered something... Danielle was a no show because she'd agreed to go with two different guys! We still keep in touch.

And some folks wonder why I have a hard time trusting women. They started burning me from the very beginning. That was supposed to be my first "date". Later on that same night, the new bud and I got into his mom's liquor. It was all a downward spiral from there, booze and heartbreak. I think it may all be behind me now though.

Can you imagine two twelve year old boys, drunk off their asses, wearing cheap rented tuxedos, riding their bikes around town? Good times...

ineverFTF 09-14-2012 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286
Her name was Danielle Conner. It's all good though. I was hanging out with another kid who got stood up too. We got to chat chitting, and discovered something... Danielle was a no show because she'd agreed to go with two different guys! We still keep in touch.

And some folks wonder why I have a hard time trusting women. They started burning me from the very beginning. That was supposed to be my first "date". Later on that same night, the new bud and I got into his mom's liquor. It was all a downward spiral from there, booze and heartbreak. I think it may all be behind me now though.

Can you imagine two twelve year old boys, drunk off their asses, wearing cheap rented tuxedos, riding their bikes around town? Good times...

Those days are not far behind me. Good memories :D
Though i seem t have "misplaced" my clothing somewhere around town that night ;)

trip286 09-14-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ineverFTF

Those days are not far behind me. Good memories :D
Though i seem t have "misplaced" my clothing somewhere around town that night ;)

Good lord, I have stories about misplaced clothing, riding while intoxicated (horse), and not too long ago some azzhole did donuts on the courthouse lawn on a motorcycle in the middle of the night. It was no coincidence the sheriff went straight to my mom's house to ask her if I was by any chance back in town at the moment...