One year later...gulf sea food...
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > One year later...gulf sea food...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 11:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default One year later...gulf sea food...

BP & OIL on the beach...Would you eat Gulf Shrimp??...and Gulf Seafood??...My mom & dad just got back from Gulf Shores Alabama said the food was fine...But heard story's of some of the food tasted funny,like the Shrimp...They don't eat shrimp so they don't know how it tasted....They had fish and said it tasted good...Where it was from in the Gulf they did not know.......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
BP & OIL on the beach...Would you eat Gulf Shrimp??...and Gulf Seafood??...My mom & dad just got back from Gulf Shores Alabama said the food was fine...But heard story's of some of the food tasted funny,like the Shrimp...They don't eat shrimp so they don't know how it tasted....They had fish and said it tasted good...Where it was from in the Gulf they did not know.......
Odd thing.. I flew out of LA the day the explosion occurred. I'd eaten a lot of gulf seafood at the time. I'm going back in a couple months to do the same.

Depending on what you read, the levels of petroleum based substances and dispersants is either negligible or very high. But the majority seem to say that the levels are significantly higher than it was before the spill.

The other argument is that regulations are very stringent, so even if levels are high, it's not necessarily harmful.

I'm going to New Orleans to eat at a particular restaurant (lots of seafood), but I don't eat Gulf seafood regularly so this *one* time shouldn't cause a second head to sprout (I hope).

Old 04-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #3

Liked 194 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 316

what a coincidence. My friends here at school just got back from spring break at Gulf Shores, Alabama about a week ago...My buddy Tyler loves sea food and he said it tasted great

Old 04-21-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3444 Times on 1972 Posts
Likes Given: 1501

I have not been to any sea food distributor (like Joe Patti's) since the explosion, but in a review of "1 year later" done by the local TV station WEAR 3, and the Pensacola News Journal, everything is getting (for the most part) a "thumbs up".

The owner of Joe Patti's seems to have a leeriness of shrimp and oysters.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #5

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Yes my mom & dad said as fare as they know the seafood they ate was from Key West Florida and not from Gulf Shores Alabama...So maybe that's why it was good...BP still has alot of people pissed-off down there......I hope this vacation season is better for the south then last year.....

Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 702 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I haven't yet but I'm ready to, Gulf Shrimp is one of my favorite foods.