One pistol...one shotgun...one rifle. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > One pistol...one shotgun...one rifle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 183 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
You notice the internet is down on the PC. You check your smart phone, also no internet. You try calling your wife at work, all circuits are busy, or a fast busy. You turn on the tv, and there is a monotone whistle and a picture that says stay tuned to this station for an announcement.

You try to call your kids school, but now no dial tone. Dead. As you hit the door, a blast goes off in the air, very far away. You see it, feel it, and moments later, you hear it. You jump in your car, and nothing. Neighbors are coming outside holding dead cordless phones, wanting to know what is going on.

Your three kids, in two schools are four, and seven miles away. Your wife is 20 miles away.

As you leave a note on the door, telling your family to stay home, you will come back here, what gun (s) should you take on your 100 mile walk across the soon to be riot zone?

What kills me, is the OP has no idea what is ahead of us. None of us do. Whatever it is, is planned by a outsider that does not like our way of life and the freedoms we have and the luxuries we enjoy.

What three guns? Only one, Glock 20 and three full clips. Light water resistant coat, knife, duct tape, energy bars, extra strength excedrins for the pain reliever and the caffeine, pen, paper, ID,

Have emergency streets you use, and an emergency woodland area to travel in if the streets turn dangerous. Leave signals at designated stops along the way, to communicate with your family, which by now, are also walking home.
That or the stay-puff marshmello man, you are still two rifles short. Three full clips of what? 30-06? Oh you meant magazines! Don't get mad at me, I'm just funnin with ya.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #22
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1108 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post

I love it! Gotta think outside the box. Because the truth is nobody knows what is coming. Could be nothing. Could be bigger than what you described. Time will tell.
It is much worse than I described. Much worse. Fires everywhere, set by gangs of doped up kids from the drugs they put in them at school. In normal times, with food and water, and another pill every four hours, the kids stay restrained. Take away their running water, their food, and their video games, these punks, by the millions, will be on the streets, worse than rabies infested wolves.

Stores will be out of food in hours. No gas at the gas stations, and most cars don't work anyway because of the electromagnetic pulse our government set off over every city to immobileize us.

We will see public arrests by military, of citizens, with no charges given. These people simply vanish, never to be seen again. Those that resist, are exicuited on the spot, and loaded up.

The farther out of town you live, the safer you are from gangs and from government. If you have a hand pump well, or one gallon per person, per day, in jugs, you can sit it out. If not, you have to look for water. Lakes, streams, rivers. Water should be boils. With what? Do you have fire wood? Do you have a safe place to build a fire?

What are you going to tote water in? It is a mile to a city park, with a duck pond.

Water is green, no more black. You are so thirsty, and your kids are screaming for milk.

Your wife has quit screaming, and quit crying, and she looks to be in shock.

That was day one. It is dark outside, and you hear bottles breaking, and people being raped and killed outside. Your kids are scared, but starting to glaze over like your wife. They are hiding in a 50 degree, damp basement, while you wait on the stairs with your Glock and a shotgun. Waiting for morning.

Day two. Armed military tell everyone they have to leave their homes. No weapons. No extra anything. People are being made to walk 100 miles to fema camps established all over the country. Old, sick, young, are loaded into trucks, never to be seen again.

People that protest, are shot under martial law.

Day three is worse.

Day four is indescribable.

Day. ... and the population of the USA is now around 800,000, and no longer 300 million.

The fema camps, turn out to be reeducation camps. You and your family are taught to sew shirts and pants, and you work fifteen hours a day, seven days a week.

Your parents? Your brother's? Sisters? Have not heard from them. No tv, no radio, only government radii, saying things are better now, and not to resist. Snitch on anyone with a gun or a knife, and get a day off work.

Two meals a day, mostly warm soup, sometimes cold.

Never see a police officer, or a USA military, only united nations military, and most of them only sleek, or shout broken English.

Still have not contacted your elected officials to tell them to abolish their gun control measures? That is ok, the government has a plan for your life.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #23

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

DPMS AR-15 A2
Colt 1911 Series 70 MkIV 45acp.
Remington 870 12ga.
Cold Steel SRK knife.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #24

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

What if it goes the other way. Don't count us working Patriotic Americans out. We are not going to run like rabbits and hid with a can of Spam and a shotgun.
It could be that the Damn Collectivist and communist will be the ones hiding from armed Americans taking back a nation. Read the history of our nation.
The American Patriots made up less than 7% of the population in 1776. The most powerful man and army were in control as they had been for over 100 years.
When the few armed Americans moved the Liberals ran like rats from a light bulb. Over 20% of the population left the country and the Patriots killed another 30%. The nation grew and expanded until Lincoln reintrodued liberalism.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #25

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
It is much worse than I described. Much worse. Fires everywhere, set by gangs of doped up kids from the drugs they put in them at school. In normal times, with food and water, and another pill every four hours, the kids stay restrained. Take away their running water, their food, and their video games, these punks, by the millions, will be on the streets, worse than rabies infested wolves.

Stores will be out of food in hours. No gas at the gas stations, and most cars don't work anyway because of the electromagnetic pulse our government set off over every city to immobileize us.

We will see public arrests by military, of citizens, with no charges given. These people simply vanish, never to be seen again. Those that resist, are exicuited on the spot, and loaded up.

The farther out of town you live, the safer you are from gangs and from government. If you have a hand pump well, or one gallon per person, per day, in jugs, you can sit it out. If not, you have to look for water. Lakes, streams, rivers. Water should be boils. With what? Do you have fire wood? Do you have a safe place to build a fire?

What are you going to tote water in? It is a mile to a city park, with a duck pond.

Water is green, no more black. You are so thirsty, and your kids are screaming for milk.

Your wife has quit screaming, and quit crying, and she looks to be in shock.

That was day one. It is dark outside, and you hear bottles breaking, and people being raped and killed outside. Your kids are scared, but starting to glaze over like your wife. They are hiding in a 50 degree, damp basement, while you wait on the stairs with your Glock and a shotgun. Waiting for morning.

Day two. Armed military tell everyone they have to leave their homes. No weapons. No extra anything. People are being made to walk 100 miles to fema camps established all over the country. Old, sick, young, are loaded into trucks, never to be seen again.

People that protest, are shot under martial law.

Day three is worse.

Day four is indescribable.

Day. ... and the population of the USA is now around 800,000, and no longer 300 million.

The fema camps, turn out to be reeducation camps. You and your family are taught to sew shirts and pants, and you work fifteen hours a day, seven days a week.

Your parents? Your brother's? Sisters? Have not heard from them. No tv, no radio, only government radii, saying things are better now, and not to resist. Snitch on anyone with a gun or a knife, and get a day off work.

Two meals a day, mostly warm soup, sometimes cold.

Never see a police officer, or a USA military, only united nations military, and most of them only sleek, or shout broken English.

Still have not contacted your elected officials to tell them to abolish their gun control measures? That is ok, the government has a plan for your life.

WOW. You should either pop a Xanax, or submit this script of yours to Hollywood ASAP because that is the making of one incredible blockbuster my friend!

See, these horrible what-ifs you described are simply YOUR interpretation of some crazy scenario. Could it happen? Maybe"? Is it likely in America? No.

Pick 1 gun in each category to play this game and contribute.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #26

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Remington R1 1911. Its reliable and powerful. Saiga IZ 240. Ammo will be hard to cone by but my only other options would be a Henry. 22 or a Mosin Nagant. And finally a Remington 870 Express. Its reliable and eats anything I feed it.

forumrunner_20130126_083234.jpg

forumrunner_20130126_083243.jpg

forumrunner_20130126_083308.jpg

Old 01-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #27

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Rifle: Remington 700 30-06 w/ Nikon scope - stand-off firepower, I can get you from 300 yards consistently, ability to stop non-armored vehicles, 30-06 ammo is everywhere (If I had an M-14 I'd take that instead)

Handgun: Ruger SR40 - 15 rounds per mag, large stopping power, no BS gun, easy to field strip, clean and maintain (I have to cheat a little and admit I'd want my 10/22 around for short-ranges as well)

Shotgun: Remington 870 12 gauge - if I had one to choose, this is it. Versatility in ammo choices, can definitely hurt you with slugs, buckshot, you name it
Old 01-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #28

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Ruger SR9 w/ high capacity mags.
Winchester model 12 pump
PSA AR 15 5.56 w/ spare .22lr conversion bolt kit

Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #29

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Rifle: Bolt Action Mauser in .308

Shotgun: Winchester 97 Trench Gun

Pistol: Beretta Laramie .45

Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #30

Liked 788 Times on 616 Posts

brand names are meaningless.
calibers and gauges do.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/