One pistol...one shotgun...one rifle. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > One pistol...one shotgun...one rifle.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Ruger SR9- holds 17➕1, accurate, and wife can handle it.
Stoeger 2000 12ga.- its a freakin 12ga., semi auto, and wife can handle it.
Delton AR15- accurate, reliable, close and mid-range, and the wife loves it.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:34 AM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

There are many wives that can shoot. But finding a wife that can help out when your rig hangs up!

untitled.jpg  

Last edited by nitestalker; 01-26-2013 at 11:53 AM.
People Like This 
Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Glock 22

New Haven 600 12ga (Same as the Mossberg 500)

Ruger Mini-14

Why? Because they are the only firearms I currently own.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 AM   #14

Liked 325 Times on 180 Posts

Ruger 22/45 with red dot - I could game hunt with it if needed. I have 6 mags so that's good. If I 'found' a silencer somewhere it might fit since the barrel is threaded. Quiet is good.

Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge pump - has a mag extension and holds 10 slugs so it packs some punch. It also has a 28-inch barrel so it's accurate.

Draco rifle - my Draco was custom built and has a Magpul MOE stock and UltiMak rail system. I like the AK action and the ruggedness of AKs. My chest rig holds 5 mags so with one in the gun I've got 180 rounds of 7.62. The red dot on the Ruger 22/45 can also be put on the Draco.

----------------------------

I've got a 1903A3 bolt action 30-06 and it shoots a long way but I decided the sheer quantity of 7.62x39 would be more valuable than my only more 'long distance' rifle. Also, the Glock 34 was tough to leave out but a .22 is needed to hunt small game with.

Last edited by indy36; 01-26-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 953 Times on 436 Posts
Likes Given: 71

I'm cheating and bringing an extra gun or two..... I can't leave them behind to fall in to the wrong hands can I?

Pistol - this one is a toss up between my Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45 and my Ruger New Vaquero .357 mag. Guess I'll go with my 1911, I have 10 years experience with it and 2 months on the Ruger.

Shotgun - my Stoeger 12 gauge side by side double barrel.

Rifle that wife and/or kids could easily handle - my Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22.

Close to Intermediate range rifle - my Rock River LAR-15 with 16" Varmint Barrel.

image-794781457.jpg

Long Range Rifle - my Remington 700 Varmint .308

image-3249174387.jpg

Even with my cheating and bringing along 2 extra guns, I still feel very uncomfortable with all that I have left behind. I'm going back home and grabbing them too dammit! I have a lot of family and everyone needs to be armed in these crazy times!

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #16

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

THESE THREE:

Old 01-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #17

Liked 141 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Colt 10mm Delta Elite (like my 45's but...)
Savage 520-30 (good enough for gramps in WWII)
DPMS LAR-10 (sorry to my beloved bolt guns)

Old 01-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

You notice the internet is down on the PC. You check your smart phone, also no internet. You try calling your wife at work, all circuits are busy, or a fast busy. You turn on the tv, and there is a monotone whistle and a picture that says stay tuned to this station for an announcement.

You try to call your kids school, but now no dial tone. Dead. As you hit the door, a blast goes off in the air, very far away. You see it, feel it, and moments later, you hear it. You jump in your car, and nothing. Neighbors are coming outside holding dead cordless phones, wanting to know what is going on.

Your three kids, in two schools are four, and seven miles away. Your wife is 20 miles away.

As you leave a note on the door, telling your family to stay home, you will come back here, what gun (s) should you take on your 100 mile walk across the soon to be riot zone?

What kills me, is the OP has no idea what is ahead of us. None of us do. Whatever it is, is planned by a outsider that does not like our way of life and the freedoms we have and the luxuries we enjoy.

What three guns? Only one, Glock 20 and three full clips. Light water resistant coat, knife, duct tape, energy bars, extra strength excedrins for the pain reliever and the caffeine, pen, paper, ID,

Have emergency streets you use, and an emergency woodland area to travel in if the streets turn dangerous. Leave signals at designated stops along the way, to communicate with your family, which by now, are also walking home.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:24 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
You notice the internet is down on the PC. You check your smart phone, also no internet. You try calling your wife at work, all circuits are busy, or a fast busy. You turn on the tv, and there is a monotone whistle and a picture that says stay tuned to this station for an announcement.

You try to call your kids school, but now no dial tone. Dead. As you hit the door, a blast goes off in the air, very far away. You see it, feel it, and moments later, you hear it. You jump in your car, and nothing. Neighbors are coming outside holding dead cordless phones, wanting to know what is going on.

Your three kids, in two schools are four, and seven miles away. Your wife is 20 miles away.

As you leave a note on the door, telling your family to stay home, you will come back here, what gun (s) should you take on your 100 mile walk across the soon to be riot zone?

What kills me, is the OP has no idea what is ahead of us. None of us do. Whatever it is, is planned by a outsider that does not like our way of life and the freedoms we have and the luxuries we enjoy.

What three guns? Only one, Glock 20 and three full clips. Light water resistant coat, knife, duct tape, energy bars, extra strength excedrins for the pain reliever and the caffeine, pen, paper, ID,

Have emergency streets you use, and an emergency woodland area to travel in if the streets turn dangerous. Leave signals at designated stops along the way, to communicate with your family, which by now, are also walking home.
I love it! Gotta think outside the box. Because the truth is nobody knows what is coming. Could be nothing. Could be bigger than what you described. Time will tell.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 AM   #20

Liked 246 Times on 168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

I just felt a cold chill run up my spine. Think the reality is catching up