from one of our local talk shows - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

from one of our local talk shows

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr View Post
Yes your "inner Liberalism" is coming to the surface. Why cant the proprietor refuse to serve "them?" I can only imagine if the flight schools for the 9/11 pilots had not trained the now infamous pilots what would have been the outcome. speeking to your liberal side, doesn't the shop owner have certain "rights" on his own property to serve or not serve whom he wishes?
Yes yes yes i knew the "proprietor rights/serve whom he wants" argument was coming.

What i am saying is it could have been handled in a different way. If it was any other group besides Muslims, folks would be outraged. It just seems kinda "unamerican" IMHO. Kinda like the Japanese concentration camps during WWII.

As far as the 9/11 pilots, the schools HAD their red flags and missed 'em. Besides, they would have found somewhere/one else to train 'em.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigjumpr View Post
Yes your "inner Liberalism" is coming to the surface. Why cant the proprietor refuse to serve "them?" I can only imagine if the flight schools for the 9/11 pilots had not trained the now infamous pilots what would have been the outcome. speeking to your liberal side, doesn't the shop owner have certain "rights" on his own property to serve or not serve whom he wishes?
I can certainly go along with a proprietor having the right to refuse service, and as an added comment, I detest the politically correct society we now live in. If he had discriminated against Muslims or Obama supporters quietly, he'd have no trouble. However, since he went public with his feeling, the very government agency that licenses him, and you, to provide the Texas concealed carry course, plans action against him.

I'm hardly a liberal, matter of fact, I'm more conservative than most of the field of candidates the Republicans have running for President. But, I also see the fact that there are Muslims who are not bent on killing all not of their faith. I also realize that there are Democrats, and people who did vote for Obama who are interested in the shooting sports. I don't have to agree with each and every political or religious belief another person has to welcome them to shooting. I content myself that they're showing a desire to learn to shoot, and become a member of the gun culture. Just because they see the world differently than I do does not, nor should it, restrict their right to keep and bear arms.

People have taken up arms in our country for better than 235 years to protect the rights we cherish in our country, whether you or I agree with their political point of view, or their choice of religion. To argue otherwise is simply a slap in the face to the brave men and women who have defended our rights.