The one that got away.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The one that got away.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Default The one that got away.

If this has been done mods please merg or remove

Alright FTFers, i wanna hear about the one that got away, the girl, the fish, the game, anything. Come one come all and tell us a tale of misery

I'll start

When i was 7 my dad took me deep sea fishing for sheephead and blue fish in the gulf on a small charter boat. Three hours of awesomeness later, my dad hooked a small marlin, maybe 65lbs, it broke his line before we saw it. (Didn't know it was a marlin yet.) The captian hooked the same fish not ten minutes later and his line broke. Finally, after my excitment level could rise no more, i hooked the marlin. I fought for what felt like hours, it was minutes . The fish jumped and shook the hook, 7 year old me was sad, confused. Today, i am hunrgy for vengance and marlin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #2

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I turned down a great deal on a Russian baikal makarov because the douchey owner kept referring to the magazines as "clips". Not because he was just ignorant. He was beligerently (made up word I think) ignorant.

I politely tried to correct this by example, but he began to catch an attitude.

I finally just walked away.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

1981 in March i bought a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am, red in color. well not but a few months later after graduation i found a 1978 Trans Am, black Special Edition that i wanted to buy pretty bad. looked exactly like the Bandit car from the movie. well i put my Trans Am up for sale and about week later i guy called and was interested in buying my car. well problem was, he didn't have the money to buy and wanted to trade cars. well i wanted that black Trans Am pretty bad, so i told him i needed cash money and really wasn't interested in trading.

his car he wanted to trade? a 1967 Pontiac GTO with the 398 with 3-2 bbl carbs and a factory four speed trans, midnite blue with Cragar SuperSpokes and the car other than the rims and stereo was pretty much stock.

it was much older car and i didn't think i could resell it for as much as my car! yep, it's one i still regret to this day!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #4

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

High school sweetheart. Dated all my senior year, she went to a different school. She was valedictorian, majored in French in college, then later went back and took pre-med courses and became a doctor. However, after graduated high school I went away to college in another state (VMI) and she wrote for a few months, but found someone else and I got the "Dear Rex" letter.

Twenty some-odd years later she divorces hubby, and looks me up. Unfortunately I was with someone at the time, so we were friends for a while, then lost contact again. But I still wonder if she was "the one".

Old 07-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #5

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
1981 in March i bought a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am, red in color. well not but a few months later after graduation i found a 1978 Trans Am, black Special Edition that i wanted to buy pretty bad. looked exactly like the Bandit car from the movie. well i put my Trans Am up for sale and about week later i guy called and was interested in buying my car. well problem was, he didn't have the money to buy and wanted to trade cars. well i wanted that black Trans Am pretty bad, so i told him i needed cash money and really wasn't interested in trading.

his car he wanted to trade? a 1967 Pontiac GTO with the 398 with 3-2 bbl carbs and a factory four speed trans, midnite blue with Cragar SuperSpokes and the car other than the rims and stereo was pretty much stock.

it was much older car and i didn't think i could resell it for as much as my car! yep, it's one i still regret to this day!
I'd say you probably still kick yourself every time you think about it! I know I would.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
I'd say you probably still kick yourself every time you think about it! I know I would.
you got it! i'm kicking myself again right now for being reminded again!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #7

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

I was going to yard sales with my wife several years ago. We stopped at this one and there was a 1971 Nova for sale. They wanted $1000. It was in good shape. I thought about it for about 15 or 20 minutes as we drove around. Tina (my wife) said that I should go back and buy it. (Yea, she is awesome.) Anyway, we drove around for like 45 minutes looking for it. We couldn't find the yard sale again. I was kicking myself for a year for not buying it while I was standing there.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #8

Liked 465 Times on 258 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

you got it! i'm kicking myself again right now for being reminded again!
Next time I'm down in TX I will look you up and give you a kick as well!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I was going to yard sales with my wife several years ago. We stopped at this one and there was a 1971 Nova for sale. They wanted $1000. It was in good shape. I thought about it for about 15 or 20 minutes as we drove around. Tina (my wife) said that I should go back and buy it. (Yea, she is awesome.) Anyway, we drove around for like 45 minutes looking for it. We couldn't find the yard sale again. I was kicking myself for a year for not buying it while I was standing there.
kind of reminded me of my second wife. she love to go to garage sales and she would go just about every saturday if possible. sometimes if i wasn't working, i would go with her. well one saturday i worked that morning and she would come home about lunchtime to unload her goodies and eat a bit before goingback out again. she told me about a boat she found for $500, but the motor was blown up. she told me where it was at and i went with money in hand. well the boat was still there, and it was 2-3 year old, very nice looking 20" bass boat with a, IIRC 110hp Mercury outboard. i looked it over and decided it was going to buy it and fix it. it was easily worth at that time about $6000-7000. problem was, a man had bought it about an hour earlier and went home to get his truck to pick it up.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Next time I'm down in TX I will look you up and give you a kick as well!
please do. i deserved it for that one!