Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The one that got away. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/one-got-away-94236/)

thatonespot 07-22-2013 01:27 AM

The one that got away.

If this has been done mods please merg or remove :)

Alright FTFers, i wanna hear about the one that got away, the girl, the fish, the game, anything. Come one come all and tell us a tale of misery :)

I'll start :)

When i was 7 my dad took me deep sea fishing for sheephead and blue fish in the gulf on a small charter boat. Three hours of awesomeness later, my dad hooked a small marlin, maybe 65lbs, it broke his line before we saw it. (Didn't know it was a marlin yet.) The captian hooked the same fish not ten minutes later and his line broke. Finally, after my excitment level could rise no more, i hooked the marlin. I fought for what felt like hours, it was minutes :p. The fish jumped and shook the hook, 7 year old me was sad, confused. Today, i am hunrgy for vengance and marlin :D

trip286 07-22-2013 01:33 AM

I turned down a great deal on a Russian baikal makarov because the douchey owner kept referring to the magazines as "clips". Not because he was just ignorant. He was beligerently (made up word I think) ignorant.

I politely tried to correct this by example, but he began to catch an attitude.

I finally just walked away.

Axxe55 07-22-2013 01:39 AM

1981 in March i bought a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am, red in color. well not but a few months later after graduation i found a 1978 Trans Am, black Special Edition that i wanted to buy pretty bad. looked exactly like the Bandit car from the movie. well i put my Trans Am up for sale and about week later i guy called and was interested in buying my car. well problem was, he didn't have the money to buy and wanted to trade cars. well i wanted that black Trans Am pretty bad, so i told him i needed cash money and really wasn't interested in trading.

his car he wanted to trade? a 1967 Pontiac GTO with the 398 with 3-2 bbl carbs and a factory four speed trans, midnite blue with Cragar SuperSpokes and the car other than the rims and stereo was pretty much stock.

it was much older car and i didn't think i could resell it for as much as my car! yep, it's one i still regret to this day!

txpossum 07-22-2013 01:41 AM

High school sweetheart. Dated all my senior year, she went to a different school. She was valedictorian, majored in French in college, then later went back and took pre-med courses and became a doctor. However, after graduated high school I went away to college in another state (VMI) and she wrote for a few months, but found someone else and I got the "Dear Rex" letter.

Twenty some-odd years later she divorces hubby, and looks me up. Unfortunately I was with someone at the time, so we were friends for a while, then lost contact again. But I still wonder if she was "the one".

ctshooter 07-22-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55
1981 in March i bought a 1978 Pontiac Trans Am, red in color. well not but a few months later after graduation i found a 1978 Trans Am, black Special Edition that i wanted to buy pretty bad. looked exactly like the Bandit car from the movie. well i put my Trans Am up for sale and about week later i guy called and was interested in buying my car. well problem was, he didn't have the money to buy and wanted to trade cars. well i wanted that black Trans Am pretty bad, so i told him i needed cash money and really wasn't interested in trading.

his car he wanted to trade? a 1967 Pontiac GTO with the 398 with 3-2 bbl carbs and a factory four speed trans, midnite blue with Cragar SuperSpokes and the car other than the rims and stereo was pretty much stock.

it was much older car and i didn't think i could resell it for as much as my car! yep, it's one i still regret to this day!

I'd say you probably still kick yourself every time you think about it! I know I would.

Axxe55 07-22-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter (Post 1311249)
I'd say you probably still kick yourself every time you think about it! I know I would.

you got it! i'm kicking myself again right now for being reminded again!:mad:

Rick1967 07-22-2013 01:49 AM

I was going to yard sales with my wife several years ago. We stopped at this one and there was a 1971 Nova for sale. They wanted $1000. It was in good shape. I thought about it for about 15 or 20 minutes as we drove around. Tina (my wife) said that I should go back and buy it. (Yea, she is awesome.) Anyway, we drove around for like 45 minutes looking for it. We couldn't find the yard sale again. I was kicking myself for a year for not buying it while I was standing there.

ctshooter 07-22-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55

you got it! i'm kicking myself again right now for being reminded again!:mad:

Next time I'm down in TX I will look you up and give you a kick as well!

Axxe55 07-22-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1311256)
I was going to yard sales with my wife several years ago. We stopped at this one and there was a 1971 Nova for sale. They wanted $1000. It was in good shape. I thought about it for about 15 or 20 minutes as we drove around. Tina (my wife) said that I should go back and buy it. (Yea, she is awesome.) Anyway, we drove around for like 45 minutes looking for it. We couldn't find the yard sale again. I was kicking myself for a year for not buying it while I was standing there.

kind of reminded me of my second wife. she love to go to garage sales and she would go just about every saturday if possible. sometimes if i wasn't working, i would go with her. well one saturday i worked that morning and she would come home about lunchtime to unload her goodies and eat a bit before goingback out again. she told me about a boat she found for $500, but the motor was blown up. she told me where it was at and i went with money in hand. well the boat was still there, and it was 2-3 year old, very nice looking 20" bass boat with a, IIRC 110hp Mercury outboard. i looked it over and decided it was going to buy it and fix it. it was easily worth at that time about $6000-7000. problem was, a man had bought it about an hour earlier and went home to get his truck to pick it up. :mad:

Axxe55 07-22-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctshooter (Post 1311258)
Next time I'm down in TX I will look you up and give you a kick as well!

please do. i deserved it for that one!:o