omg I'm a 'trained killer' lol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > omg I'm a 'trained killer' lol

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 04:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default omg I'm a 'trained killer' lol

A heads-up from the SSAA Know thine enemy - and the utter sh*te he propagates.

GunControl Australia, an organisation not renowned for rational thought, who were instrumental in getting in Howard's ear when the 'Great Crackdown of 1996' was enacted. They serve up gems like these:

We too could be like America! Gulp!

the-sporting-shooters-association-ssaa-and-the-eleven-to-one-gamble/

Quote:
People shot in America this year 82,650

Of course the US has about fifteen times the population of Australia so it would mean that the relevant figure for Australia would be 82,650 divided by 15 – this is approximately 5500. This is only a ten month figure, not the entire year.

We ask, “‘Would the Australian public be happy with that figure in order to satisfy the Australian gun lobby’s desire to have free access to guns?


If the SSAA thinks the possible figure of five thousand five hundred Australians being shot in a ten month period is too high, what number does it estimate will be shot if it gets the American style gun laws it wants for Australia?
Like I said...logic is not their strong suit lol


Then, this ground-breaking solution:

Where are all the Non-killing Guns?
Posted on July 6, 2009


In his President message for October 2007, the SSAA National President, Bob Green, complained about Gun Control Australia saying that “Teaching a child to shoot is teaching a child to kill”.

Guns are designed to fire or propel high-speed projectiles. These so-called bullets are, in the vast majority of cases, designed to kill something or to be used to practice for the killing process. Shooters may have noticed that you don’t need to take a safety training course when you buy a tennis racquet, and the racquet does not have to be registered with the police. The reason is that, unlike guns, tennis racquets are not designed to kill. Gun laws are based on this fundamental fact.

Hunting is the most common reason that people give in order to qualify to own a gun. The law throughout Australia allows appropriate licence holders to hunt-to-kill various species at various times. Whilst this is often done for pleasure, hunters may be encouraged to do this with government bounties if excess numbers of a certain animal is considered to have occurred. Whether shooting is the best way to reduce feral animal numbers may be debated, but it is understandable that shooters would claim to be of service to the community when they reduce such numbers.

For the most part, handguns are fundamentally designed to threaten, injure or kill other humans, or to practice for that.

Why then should people query a statement such as: “Teaching a child to shoot is teaching a child to kill”, because that is exactly what the great majority of guns are designed to do.

Where is the much sought-after magazine which only advertises non-killing guns (NKguns) and non-killing gun events?

Gun Control Australia would like to see a new type of gun, the NKgun. We are examining the possibility of awarding a $1000 prize for the best design of such a gun that is shown to us before the 31 December 2009.

The essence of NKguns is that (to those so oriented) they give the satisfaction of ‘killing’ some living thing without actually doing any damage to that thing. The hope of the Gun Control Australia committee is that those shooters who at present have no choice but use Kguns for personal satisfaction will transfer their allegiance to NKguns

We wonder if the National President of the SSAA will be one of those people.


Where are all the Non-killing Guns? - Gun Control Australia



And THIS is just priceless...

A NEW SHOOTERS OATH
Posted on January 22, 2008


To start 2008, and in the interest of reducing gun fatalities and injuries, GCA proposes that all gun owners be required to formally make this commitment when sitting for their Shooters Licence.

A NEW SHOOTERS OATH

I AM AWARE THAT GUNS FIRE HIGH SPEED PROJECTILES WHICH ARE DESIGNED TO KILL.

IN EXERCISING THE PRIVILEGE TO OWN GUNS, I THEREFORE ACCEPT THAT SOME GUNS IN A COMMUNITY COULD BE USED TO KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE.

I WILL DO EVERYING POSSIBLE TO PREVENT THIS HAPPENING.

Signed………………………………….Name…………………………………………..



OH, NO....no shooters are aware of this I'm sure. Being the trained killers and proto-psychopaths we are, lol.

And, strangely enough the vast majority of "guns in a community used to kill innocent people" are in fact wielded by criminals who aren't very keen to become legally licensed. Hey who woulda thought?
__________________

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Last edited by zhuk; 05-31-2010 at 04:51 AM.
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 05-31-2010, 05:43 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
CA357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 19,871
Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default

__________________
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
CA357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RadioActiV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: southbend
Posts: 380
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

lmao "kguns!" thats funny!

__________________

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

RadioActiV is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
lmao "kguns!" thats funny!
And these people informed the most significant legislation in our history (as it related to firearms). Effin scary thought!
__________________

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
A heads-up from the SSAA Know thine enemy - and the utter sh*te he propagates.

GunControl Australia, an organisation not renowned for rational thought, who were instrumental in getting in Howard's ear when the 'Great Crackdown of 1996' was enacted. They serve up gems like these:

In his President message for October 2007, the SSAA National President, Bob Green, complained about Gun Control Australia saying that “Teaching a child to shoot is teaching a child to kill”.

Guns are designed to fire or propel high-speed projectiles. These so-called bullets are, in the vast majority of cases, designed to kill something or to be used to practice for the killing process. Shooters may have noticed that you don’t need to take a safety training course when you buy a tennis racquet, and the racquet does not have to be registered with the police. The reason is that, unlike guns, tennis racquets are not designed to kill. Gun laws are based on this fundamental fact.

I would guess there are more serious tennis knee injuries. Than sport shooting injuries. And what about tennis elbow?

Hunting is the most common reason that people give in order to qualify to own a gun. The law throughout Australia allows appropriate licence holders to hunt-to-kill various species at various times. Whilst this is often done for pleasure, hunters may be encouraged to do this with government bounties if excess numbers of a certain animal is considered to have occurred. Whether shooting is the best way to reduce feral animal numbers may be debated, but it is understandable that shooters would claim to be of service to the community when they reduce such numbers.

For the most part, handguns are fundamentally designed to threaten, injure or kill other humans, or to practice for that.

Why then should people query a statement such as: “Teaching a child to shoot is teaching a child to kill”, because that is exactly what the great majority of guns are designed to do.

Bob, get some help.



Send this to him:

An example of British thinking in colonial times:

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

And thoughts (on this subject) of the man who wanted to rule the world:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)

End of File
__________________

Last edited by sigp250; 05-31-2010 at 07:57 AM.
sigp250 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 98
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
And these people informed the most significant legislation in our history (as it related to firearms). Effin scary thought!
Hay, are potato guns legal in Australia?
How about the ammo, Potato's?
__________________
sigp250 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
General-Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 170
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

What percentage of those shootings were the result of legitimate self defense scenarios where an armed assailant was shot while attempting to take the life of an innocent person? Or a store keeper shooting a robber? Or suicides?
Subtract those numbers...then divide by 15.

How many beatings and stabbings and rapes and robberies are committed in unarmed nations and could have been prevented by a law abiding and safety trained citizen defending themselves?

The vast majority or firearm related crimes are obviously committed by criminals using unregistered weapons bought illegally. By removing the citizens option of self defense(considering criminals have firearms) and reducing them to waiting victims and easy targets, it creates a population dependent on the police for protection.
Lets say it takes 5 minutes for a policecar to arrive after you have called them. Thats AFTER you are able to call them, possibly AFTER the crime has been committed be it a robbery or you or your wife or daughter has been raped or you or your family have been beaten and your possessions are stolen. Thats AFTER the criminal has left and your property and life are either gone or in ruins. Now count off 5 minutes and absorb how long it takes to pass. Imagine you are holding your ravaged wife in your arms as you count those minutes off. Now picture your home full of police for the next few hours as they grill you and take pictures of you or your wife or kids...then comes the counseling. You or her now get to experience the aftermath as the mental side of this takes over and its never the same again. You never feel safe again, anywhere. You realize no one can protect or help really and you are pretty much alone and vulnerable.

__________________

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

General-Logic is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Moderator
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
c3shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Third bunker on the right,Central Virginia
Posts: 16,557
Liked 8705 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1339

Default

You know, of course, that this irritates the crap out of those of us are ARE trained killers?

Could someone please tell me who I contact for my $1000 reward for discovery of the "Non-killing Gun"? Found one right here:

cap-pistol.jpg

__________________

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

c3shooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Z, i'm fairly ignorant of Australian culture, but given the ties to Britain, i wonder about the popularity of darts and archery in Australia.

It would seem that archery would be more palatable as it is obviously geared more toward putting meat on the family table via hunting. Surely, darts can only serve to "threaten, injure or kill other humans, or to practice for that". Have all of the dart boards been converted to the plastic safety tips or what? I won't even get into the likelihood that bar patrons would be even more dangerous with their darts due to inebriation.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:29 AM   #10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
zhuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sydney, Aust
Posts: 2,031
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
Bob, get some help.



Send this to him:

An example of British thinking in colonial times:

"No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion." --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

And thoughts (on this subject) of the man who wanted to rule the world:

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty." -- Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler's Table Talks 1941-1944)
Appreciate that, sigp250. And I agree with all of it - only trouble is we have no legal RIGHT to bear arms, never have as self defence is an unlawful reason for posession - I know it's probably hard to comprehend that coming from a country which has (well so far anyway!) managed to gain freedoms many in other parts of the world never had. But firearm ownership is a PRIVILEDGE here, not a citizen's right. Hence the genuine reasons of sport & legit hunting only.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sigp250 View Post
Hay, are potato guns legal in Australia?
How about the ammo, Potato's?
Can you guess? uh no that would be an illegal projectile if any compressed gas system is used lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by General-Logic View Post
What percentage of those shootings were the result of legitimate self defense scenarios where an armed assailant was shot while attempting to take the life of an innocent person? Or a store keeper shooting a robber? Or suicides?
Subtract those numbers...then divide by 15.

How many beatings and stabbings and rapes and robberies are committed in unarmed nations and could have been prevented by a law abiding and safety trained citizen defending themselves?

The vast majority or firearm related crimes are obviously committed by criminals using unregistered weapons bought illegally. By removing the citizens option of self defense(considering criminals have firearms) and reducing them to waiting victims and easy targets, it creates a population dependent on the police for protection.
Lets say it takes 5 minutes for a policecar to arrive after you have called them. Thats AFTER you are able to call them, possibly AFTER the crime has been committed be it a robbery or you or your wife or daughter has been raped or you or your family have been beaten and your possessions are stolen. Thats AFTER the criminal has left and your property and life are either gone or in ruins. Now count off 5 minutes and absorb how long it takes to pass. Imagine you are holding your ravaged wife in your arms as you count those minutes off. Now picture your home full of police for the next few hours as they grill you and take pictures of you or your wife or kids...then comes the counseling. You or her now get to experience the aftermath as the mental side of this takes over and its never the same again. You never feel safe again, anywhere. You realize no one can protect or help really and you are pretty much alone and vulnerable.
Yes wouldn't many of those deaths be crims retaliating against their own kind, as you say? Funny, that is the majority of cases here too


There is ONE recorded instance of an injury on a range here - somone got hurt when part of a structure holding the flag fell on him during a shotgun comp...oh and a couple of older guys have fallen down a hill or two, lol

But THAT'S IT! as far as "range injuries" have gone in the last 15 yrs.

Yes there have been some accidental shootings while people have been hunting (neg discharges etc) but that is a miniscule number compared to the amount of people who hunt - ie the majority of registered shooters. Competitive target shooters [like me] are a very small percentage of the whole firearms-using community.


Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
You know, of course, that this irritates the crap out of those of us are ARE trained killers?

Could someone please tell me who I contact for my $1000 reward for discovery of the "Non-killing Gun"? Found one right here:

Attachment 15047

Cap guns?? I dunno, sounds awful risky! heh


Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Z, i'm fairly ignorant of Australian culture, but given the ties to Britain, i wonder about the popularity of darts and archery in Australia.

It would seem that archery would be more palatable as it is obviously geared more toward putting meat on the family table via hunting. Surely, darts can only serve to "threaten, injure or kill other humans, or to practice for that". Have all of the dart boards been converted to the plastic safety tips or what? I won't even get into the likelihood that bar patrons would be even more dangerous with their darts due to inebriation.
Yeah maybe that's why darts aren't a really big thing here like in Britain That and the fact drinking lends itself to outdoor barbeques a lot more here. Don't know if you would have room for dartboards among the poker machines in pubs here anyway

Not sure of the numbers who would hunt with bows, orange...but I know crossbows come into the 'SCARY & ILLEGAL" category. like so much else!
__________________

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D
zhuk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
My new target killer NY Marksman AR-15 Discussion 22 04-04-2010 12:53 PM
(Almost) Killer Roo zhuk The Club House 8 11-23-2009 08:51 PM
Tiller the babby killer killed JiroZero713 Politics, Religion and Controversy 63 07-27-2009 06:51 PM
A spree killer in Belgium... Recon 173 Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 01-23-2009 07:54 PM
Missed a Killer Deal Righteous The Club House 3 08-10-2008 03:08 AM