Old Thread Resurrection. . . filter ?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Old Thread Resurrection. . . filter ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Default Old Thread Resurrection. . . filter ?

Resurrection of old (sometimes ancient) threads is always gonna happen on any forums, is there anyway to sort out proper, appropriate re-opening of a thread (i.e. new info. on an un-answered question, service reviews from manufactures, etc.) from a one sentence jab that bumps the thing right to the top?

I know anyone has (and should have) the right to post whatever, whenever, but some of these "resurrections" have been much less that positive. . .like this one: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/9mm-vs-40-cal-17714/index7.html

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-22-2010, 03:48 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Newer members wont get the same new posts list as older members. I've caught myself getting ready to reply to something and notice the last post was a good while back. Being we see this happening with newer members mostly I'd say that is what is causing it. That and if using the search so as not to start repeating threads (that will also get the user attention) they will try to use one already started.

...I think anyway. But I'm pretty new too

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson