Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For the Old Farts here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default For the Old Farts here

I'm passing this on from another forum. Actually, it's not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.

•Old Farts are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old Farts remove their caps and stand at attention and sing without embarrassment. They know the words and believe in them.

•Old Farts remember World War II, Pearl Harbour, Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peacekeeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam.

•If you bump into an Old Fart on the sidewalk he will apologize. If you pass an Old Fart on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old Farts trust strangers and are courtly to women.

•Old Farts hold the door for the next person and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.

•Old Farts get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children and they don't like any filth or dirty language on TV or in movies.

•Old Farts have moral courage and personal integrity. They seldom brag unless it's about their children or grandchildren.

•It's the Old Farts who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.

This country needs Old Farts with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.

We need them now more than ever.

Thank God for Old Farts !

Appropriated from another forum with thanks.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2632 Times on 1535 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

But I was told that at my age I should never trust a fart.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

One other thing I've seen written about old farts is not to mess with us as we will just end the conflict and not be to concerned with the repercussions. Hey, I'm an old fart and don't remember just how this was stated but I did want to be PC as not to upset people by saying "Just shoot and ask questions later."

Old 01-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yup. I'm too old to fistfight anymore.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6741 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 8037

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
But I was told that at my age I should never trust a fart.
Dan, that's a fresh fart. Very different from an "old fart". And let me suggest to you as you already know, never trust a fresh fart...........particularly if you're an old fart.

That was a great read, Don. Thanks for sharing it.
People Like This 
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 519 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 2267

Thats Great
Thanks
As an OLD fart myself,
I remember a Lot of what mention.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1154 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 72

There are a group of us old farts that eat lunch together at the office. I told one of the younger guys who was having some fun at our expense, all in fun, that he should not repeat that behaviour if he ran into us out of the office. We were old, grumpy and armed and it might not be good for him!

We all got a good laugh at that.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7308

Great post CA357. I do have one question though. Where do I fit in? I'm under 40, and I still do all of the things listed in the OP.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1374 Times on 934 Posts
Likes Given: 471

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Great post CA357. I do have one question though. Where do I fit in? I'm under 40, and I still do all of the things listed in the OP.
Old fart in training.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #10

Liked 348 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Yup. I'm too old to fistfight anymore.
Can't run away anymore either.

People Like This