The old commie is gone - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The old commie is gone

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #81
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7661 Times on 4603 Posts
Likes Given: 9574

I know many who protested the war in the 60's, including me. Never, EVER........not once......did I or anyone I know spit on or insult our troops returning home. My heart went out to them because many of those who served and spent time in Vietnam sure as hell didn't want to be there. All 'liberals' shouldn't be defined as if they were one person. My political leanings have changed since my teen years. I am not the same person I was 45 years ago. Who is? I was very anti-gun for most of my life and look at me now. Proud owner of 5 firearms, avid shooter, and loving every minute of throwing lead down range. I STILL hate the Vietnam war......oops, conflict. And I still have a very special place in my heart for the Vietnam veterans. And I've been to The Wall in D.C. and I cried. And I took a rubbing of the soldier who's name is on my POW/MIA bracelet. And I cried when I saw who were obviously Vietnam Veterans there at The Wall.

Pete Seeger caused no harm to this country. His politics may not have been the same as anyone else's here. But what damage did he do? Who did he hurt? You can't lump him in with Jane Fonda. She is the only one responsible for her actions. Maybe they were both liberals. Maybe they were both Pacifists, but you can't blame one person for another's actions. That's like saying all gun owners are macho *******s who want to feel like big men because they carry guns. There certainly are some like that but would you like to be lumped in with those idiots?

This post is waaay more political than I have ever been on this forum. And I could tell you I doubt I will ever be this open again. Because I know I'm going to get my ass kicked and I know I'm going to be put on many members '**** list' but the interesting thing is, those who do that may very well have liked me up until this post. And what's even more interesting is, I'm still the same person I was BEFORE you read this post about my feelings about the 60's and the how I felt about the Vietnam war. I have never been disrespectful to any veteran because I know they have done a job I would never be mentally strong enough to do. God bless them all.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-30-2014 at 08:42 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #82

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
That is interesting. However many have left because of the constant attacks by the Pro-Marijuana and LGBT crowd. There is a core group here that will attack every post you make if you disagree with them. We all know who they are. After a time it is simply not worth the fight.
don't even pay any attention to these folks, F em and I'm sure there have been many driven away by bold folks posting things when they are drunk or what not

Old 01-30-2014, 08:25 PM   #83

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I know many who protested the war in the 60's, including me. Never, EVER........not once......did I or anyone I know spit on or insult our troops returning home. My heart went out to them because many of those who served and spent time in Vietnam sure as hell didn't want to be there. All 'liberals' shouldn't be defined as if they were one person. My political leanings have changed since my teen years. I am not the same person I was 45 years ago. Who is? I was very anti-gun for most of my life and look at me now. Proud owner of 5 firearms, avid shooter, and loving every minute of throwing lead down range. I STILL hate the Vietnam war......oops, conflict. And I still have a very special place in my heart for the Vietnam veterans. And I've been to The Wall in D.C. and I cried. And I took a rubbing of the soldier who's name is on my POW/MIA bracelet. And I cried when I saw who were obviously Vietnam Veterans there at the wall.

Pete Seeger caused no harm to this country. His politics may not have been the same as anyone else's here. But what damage did he do? Who did he hurt? You can't lump him in with Jane Fonda. She is the only one responsible for her actions. Maybe they were both liberals. Maybe they were both Pacifists, but you can't blame one person for another's actions. That's like saying all gun owners are macho *******s who want to feel like big men because they carry guns. There certainly are some like that but would you like to be lumped in with those idiots?

This post is waaay more political than I have ever been on this forum. And I could tell you I doubt I will ever be this open again. Because I know I'm going to get my ass kicked and I know I'm going to be put on many members '**** list' but the interesting thing is, those who do that may very well have liked me up until this post. And what's even more interesting is, I'm still the same person I was BEFORE you read this post about my feelings about the 60's and the how I felt about the Vietnam war. I have never been disrespectful to any veteran because I know they have done a job I would never be mentally strong enough to do. God bless them all.
wonderfully said!
Old 01-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #84

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
I know many who protested the war in the 60's, including me. Never, EVER........not once......did I or anyone I know spit on or insult our troops returning home. My heart went out to them because many of those who served and spent time in Vietnam sure as hell didn't want to be there. All 'liberals' shouldn't be defined as if they were one person. My political leanings have changed since my teen years. I am not the same person I was 45 years ago. Who is? I was very anti-gun for most of my life and look at me now. Proud owner of 5 firearms, avid shooter, and loving every minute of throwing lead down range. I STILL hate the Vietnam war......oops, conflict. And I still have a very special place in my heart for the Vietnam veterans. And I've been to The Wall in D.C. and I cried. And I took a rubbing of the soldier who's name is on my POW/MIA bracelet. And I cried when I saw who were obviously Vietnam Veterans there at the wall.

Amen even though his music was a bit mellow for me. I prefer MC5 for my revolution music.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #85
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Amen even though his music was a bit mellow for me. I prefer MC5 for my revolution music.
I saw him in concert in the 80's. I sang every song right along with him, as did most of the audience.
nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 01-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 318 Posts

I'm more of a John Prine fan. http://youtu.be/Sl9ZkYViEIs ....

Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 318 Posts

My personal favorite. http://youtu.be/kRtG2GcagkM or "illegal smile"

Old 01-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #88
FTF_MODERATOR.png

My true love and my real favorite since I've been 12......Bob Dylan. Sshhhhh.........don't tell.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
My true love and my real favorite since I've been 12......Bob Dylan. Sshhhhh.........don't tell.
Hey, Winds. Did you know that Ronald Regan had to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee? So did Walt Disney. Stinkin' Commies!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2481 Times on 1737 Posts
Likes Given: 1265

Quote:

And I could tell you I doubt I will ever be this open again. Because I know I'm going to get my ass kicked and I know I'm going to be put on many members '**** list' but the interesting thing is, those who do that may very well have liked me up until this post.
I hope you reconsider. Your posts elevate this forum. If you want to be liked by all, turn into a $100 bill.

P.S. I can't stand Bob Dylan.
Closed Thread