The old commie is gone - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The old commie is gone

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 01:28 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
i find it funny that when Kalishnakov died, he got so much praise on this forum. makes me wonder if Pete designed a gun would some of you have a different view of him........

Valid point. But I do remember several "a good commie is a dead commie" quotes after kalishnakov died.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:32 AM   #22

Liked 3323 Times on 1496 Posts
Likes Given: 3062

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
Guys he was an American. No matter what he thought or what you think. He was an American. Just like most of us don't like what this administration is doing or Carter Clinton Bush or Reagan or whoever is in office,we are all Americans. Freedom is accomplished by all involved. That is why we are free. Half of America make sure's the other half is in check. When one calls for incompetence the other stands strong. We compromise. Some of what he protested against we disagree with. But some of what he protested against we agree.I am of old ideology and respect the dead. No matter if I agree or disagree of who the person was.
Ted Bundy was an American, John Gacy was an American, Jane Fonda is an American. So I guess we should respect them as well. What kind of half baked logic is that?
limbkiller Likes This 
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 810 Times on 455 Posts

Fascism is a democracy. But you can only vote on one party. Remember that. Respect for separate ideology is what makes a republic a democracy. If you think your beliefs are only valuable then we become a fascist state. A fascist state is the same as a dictatorship or communist take over. Pete had every right as an American to express his views. Just like Woddy Guthry sang this land is your land,and it became a national anthem or Bruce Springsteen sang Born In the USA,perception of the person is eyed by the individual. .
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 01-29-2014, 01:46 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Ted Bundy was an American, John Gacy was an American, Jane Fonda is an American. So I guess we should respect them as well. What kind of half baked logic is that?
Really. Ted,John murderers ,in the same subject as Jane and Pete. What kinda naked logic are you doing. One is murder and one is freedom. Yes Jane sided with the enemy. And Pete sided with the people.but Pete and Jane expressed freedom of what this country was founded on. And we as the people can disagree. Disrespect can go two ways as we can see it.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Really. Ted,John murderers ,in the same subject as Jane and Pete. What kinda naked logic are you doing. One is murder and one is freedom. Yes Jane sided with the enemy. And Pete sided with the people.but Pete and Jane expressed freedom of what this country was founded on. And we as the people can disagree. Disrespect can go two ways as we can see it.

I think you'll have a difficult time convincing viet nam pow's that fonda is not a murderer. She was responsible for the torture and death of many of them. Your statement wasn't about what they did or didn't do, it was about the fact that he was an American so we should show him respect. The fact that someone is an American doesn't mean they should be respected. Try telling the people of Poland and other former soviet bloc countries that communism was for the people. jane fonda and this pete are not freedom fighters they are traitors.
People Like This 
Old 01-29-2014, 02:33 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4411 Times on 2979 Posts
Likes Given: 2206

This is one of the best debates I've seen so far.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:41 AM   #27

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It is easy to see where some on the forum stood regarding our troops. Many young Americans were dying while "Leftist" were strumming guitars and being praised by Hollywood. I remember a different world of families and flag draped coffins.
limbkiller Likes This 
Old 01-29-2014, 02:56 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I think you'll have a difficult time convincing viet nam pow's that fonda is not a murderer. She was responsible for the torture and death of many of them. Your statement wasn't about what they did or didn't do, it was about the fact that he was an American so we should show him respect. The fact that someone is an American doesn't mean they should be respected. Try telling the people of Poland and other former soviet bloc countries that communism was for the people. jane fonda and this pete are not freedom fighters they are traitors.
Are you from Poland? What do you know about it?? I was A Boy Scout and listened to a lot of Woody,Pete,& and Springsteen but not one word of their anti Americanism. The songs they sung was about the american struggle. Yes going against the American soldier is BS but against the BS war isn't. Guthry was against facisiam 100% Pete was against facisiam 100%. Maybe they saw our country falling into facisiam and protested against it. Ask yourself.the question. Can you compromise to keep democracy compromiseable or rather your views are only right and facisiam is the correct answer.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:12 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 691 Times on 402 Posts
Likes Given: 211

A great song writer, activist and American has died. We should all live a life that honest.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #30

Quote:
Are you from Poland? What do you know about it?? I was A Boy Scout and listened to a lot of Woody,Pete,& and Springsteen but not one word of their anti Americanism. The songs they sung was about the american struggle. Yes going against the American soldier is BS but against the BS war isn't. Guthry was against facisiam 100% Pete was against facisiam 100%. Maybe they saw our country falling into facisiam and protested against it. Ask yourself.the question. Can you compromise to keep democracy compromiseable or rather your views are only right and facisiam is the correct answer.
Been to Poland but not Polish. However my wife is Ukrainian and I did live there for a couple of years. So I do have an idea of what went on and is still going on over there. A boy scout? What American struggle are you talking about? Take your boy scout butt over there and live for awhile then come back and defend these idiots.
People Like This 
Closed Thread